Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cannot open hotmail web page

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Nov-2004, 10:59 PM #1
Cannot open hotmail web page
In the last two or three weeks I have not been able to open the Hotmail home page nor access to my inbox either thru the MSN Messenger or thru the MSN home page. The only way to read my e-mails is thru Outlook Express. This computer, which uses Windows XP Home, is connected to a wireless Linksys network and to a DSL line. The other two computers do not have this problem and Hotmail opens normally and fast in both of them. I run three spyware softwares and eliminated several spies but the situation did not change. I also have had a McAfee Security Center with Firewall and Privacy
Service and to see if that has been interfering with that page I disabled them, to no use.
Plese help
Thanks
Member with 1,193 posts.

Experience: Wile E. Coyote ( Super Genius )
13-Nov-2004, 11:42 PM #2
You need to make sure that cookies are enabled ( internet options, privacy tab, accept all cookies )
Make sure you do not have any cookie blocking software installed (firewall program)
Make sure your system date / time / month / year and especially time zone settings are correct for the location you are at.
Open up IE, click on HELP, About INTERNET EXPLORER and make sure it also says 128-bit cipher strength
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Nov-2004, 09:18 AM #3
Hi Swiper senior member: I did all that you suggested. Hotmail page open immediately. I closed it and try to open it again and I had the same problem as before: Hotmail did not open
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!