Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to Save Internet Videos to Hard Drive

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Dec-2004, 09:51 PM #1
How to Save Internet Videos to Hard Drive
I'm a beginner and I'm at a lost as to how to save internet videos to the hard drive? I do not want to save the link, I want to save the video. I have Real One Player and Windows Media Player to view the videos. I've tried to find info here and someone suggested Net Transport software. I've downloaded that and still cannot figure out how to use it. Can someone explain to me in baby steps how to use that software or any other way to save videos? My computer is connected my modem. Please any help is appreciated.

Thanks
TS
Senior Member with 537 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Dec-2004, 10:05 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thshultz
I'm a beginner and I'm at a lost as to how to save internet videos to the hard drive? I do not want to save the link, I want to save the video. I have Real One Player and Windows Media Player to view the videos. I've tried to find info here and someone suggested Net Transport software. I've downloaded that and still cannot figure out how to use it. Can someone explain to me in baby steps how to use that software or any other way to save videos? My computer is connected my modem. Please any help is appreciated.

Thanks
TS
Hi and welcome to the site, if i read you right, all you have to do is right click the video image and from the drop down list choose save target as.

hope this helps, let us know
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Dec-2004, 09:25 AM #3
I do not get a drop down list with that option for videos, only for pictures. Here is a sample video. If you can save it to your drive and replay it, can you walk me through the process. It is very much appreciated.
-TS

http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=34814&bw=
Computer Specs
Member with 8,709 posts.

06-Dec-2004, 02:10 PM #4
If you go into your 'temp internet files' folder which lives here in Win98/ME
"C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files"
The files are already there after you have played the video. I would empty those folders first before doing this as there maybe a lot of stuff in there.
After you've emptied the folders, go to the site and play a video. Then go into the folder. You are looking for 2 files per video. The first one is a Comcast30 file with the windows media player icon. The second one is a .dat file. You need to click on the comcast30 icon to play the .dat file. You will need to save them as a pair, per video. If you hover your cursor over the 2 files the long names of the files pop up and you can match which comcast30 file goes with each .dat file.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!