Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Changing ISP's and E Mail

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Mar-2005, 08:15 PM #1
Smile Changing ISP's and E Mail
I am on MSN and hate it big time.......I want to change ISP's but I also want to save some of my old emails........does anyone have a way for me to do that? Making them a file and saving to a floppy would be great if it can be done. Thanks in advance for any help any one can give me.
Account Disabled with 1,099 posts.

30-Mar-2005, 08:29 PM #2
you can keep your account at ????.msn.com without having them as your ISP.

I thought the same thing, 'you cant do it'. i was wrong. After cancelling MSN ISP 2 years ago. My email account is still active. Just make sure you sign in at least once every 30 days to keep it in an active status.

Now go shopping for another ISP. if you have not decided on one yet. you may want to look here.

http://www.myispfinder.org/

30-Mar-2005, 08:45 PM #3
Thanks for your reply re: email and isp's.......I wasn't clear in my original post. I want to get rid of msn.com totally, completely out of my life and I have some old email saved which I want to go with me. There are several options I can think of such as forwarding each email to a new email address but that will take so long. So, I was hoping for something easier. Thanks.
Account Disabled with 1,099 posts.

30-Mar-2005, 08:58 PM #4
ok, i wanted it out of my life too. but just retaining the email at NO COST to you is an option you need to look at.

BUT, open an account at yahoo or whatever you want. copy and paste the emails that you want to save. send them to yourself as one email. alot of time and energy.

keep the email account at msn., sign in once a month and just let those emails sit there. like i said, after 2 years i still have an email at ?????@msn.com

because if you call them and tell them to remove it. they claim they cant do it. you have nothing to lose.
Account Disabled with 5,809 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Mar-2005, 09:04 PM #5
forwarding to a new email is an address and a click away.
check to see if the email gets there before you delete from msn.

with the email open, "file/save as" a .doc in word, jpg for a pic, excel for a spread sheet, etc and save to a floppy.

30-Mar-2005, 09:23 PM #6
Thanks for the responses...........I didn't realize I could keep the email for free on MSN if I just checked in once every 30 days. Right now I have an MSN Premium account through Qwest as the ISP.....I am going to try making them into a file and will get back to you ........ thanks again
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

30-Mar-2005, 09:41 PM #7
Why can't you download them using a POP3 e-mail client?

30-Mar-2005, 10:23 PM #8
Mainly because I don't know how to d/l using a Pop3 email client. I have been on the net for awhile but really knew more when we used DOS commands.....with Windows I am some what lost........I was going to get an ISP that didn't supply an email program and then use an independent email program. Ever since I've been on Windows I've always used somebody else's email ie MSN, ATT, etc. I've never saved old email before either, so I haven't needed this info.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

31-Mar-2005, 03:30 PM #9
So you've never used Outlook Express?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!