Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Incredimail Doesn't Open Anymore!

(!)

Junior Member with 10 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Aug-2005, 10:15 AM #1
Angry Incredimail Doesn't Open Anymore!
When I try to open Incredimail either by the desktop icon or the .exe file, the envelope icon blinks quickly in the bottom right corner and the program never opens. I have uninstalled and re-installed and nothing helps. Also disabled firewall and virus programs. Any ideas? I am kinda stuck here.
Thanks,
TxsChef
LauraMJ has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,369 posts.

17-Aug-2005, 08:26 PM #2
Is this the first time you've tried to use Incredimail, or have you had it for a while, it used to work, and this just started?

17-Aug-2005, 08:36 PM #3
Hi Laura and thank you! I have been using Incredimail since it came out and I keep saying I'm getting rid of it but never have the time to move all my mail elsewhere.
I haven't made any changes to my machine or downloaded any programs. I have also run numerous virus and trojan detectors. I am totally stumped.
Computer Specs

17-Aug-2005, 08:46 PM #4
When you uninstall it, are you doing the typical uninstall from the Incredimail's Uninstall option and that's all, or are you doing a clean uninstall?

17-Aug-2005, 08:48 PM #5
I do a clean uninstall and also double check my registry for leftovers. I have also re-downloaded several times.
Computer Specs

17-Aug-2005, 08:57 PM #6
Just to check, have you tried installing it and rebooting? I seem to remember this happened to me once, and after fiddling with it forever, I finally rebooted simply because I was out of ideas and 90% of the time, this fixes whatever is having a problems, and yup, it did fix the Incredimail-not-opening- problem.

If that doesn't work, then try Start > Run > Incredimail.exe and see if it will start. If it does, then delete your icons from the desktop and the task bar and create new ones from Incredimail in the programs list. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do that.

17-Aug-2005, 09:02 PM #7
It responds the same way. Just a flash of the icon.
I guess I'll just use Thunderbird. I can convert my emails to plain text and save them in Text Shield. I'll be 90 years old by then!! LOL
I'm going to delete the entire Incredimail and pretend I never heard of it before!
I certainly appreciate all your help!! Thank you!
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Sep-2005, 04:39 AM #8
My Incredimail Fix
Under windows 98, I had the problem that when I tried to open incredimail - it would blink as if trying to open and then nothing. I tried all the scans and uninstalls and reinstalls and repairs with no change.

What worked finally - is oleaut32.dll in my windows system folder was the incorrect version 3.5. If you do a "find" of this file on your computer, you'll find it most likely in more than one location. The version in the windows system folder is the culprit only.

I went into DOS and deleted the file in that folder only and transferred a copy of the copy that was in the windows folder to the windows system folder and incredimail is back.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!