Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Cannot access Roadrunner WebMail

(!)

Member with 2,113 posts.

10-Sep-2005, 04:23 PM #1
Solved: Cannot access Roadrunner WebMail
I'm working as a library volunteer and patrons cannot access their RoadRunner WebMail on our computers. Session times out. What could be causing this. I had patron use another site to access theirs some time back but I cannot remember how they did it. Any ideas??
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 954 posts.

Experience: Im good, in Bball. In computers? you tell me.. ^_^
11-Sep-2005, 07:48 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by golddust
I'm working as a library volunteer and patrons cannot access their RoadRunner WebMail on our computers. Session times out. What could be causing this. I had patron use another site to access theirs some time back but I cannot remember how they did it. Any ideas??
yea, first, what is the URL for the Road Runner Webmail?
Account Disabled with 5,809 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Sep-2005, 09:31 PM #3
Quote:
https://webmail.xxxxxx.rr.com/

it's probably in the server/software.

i can access my rr web mail at work but can't reply/send.
Member with 2,113 posts.

12-Sep-2005, 10:20 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearone2
https://webmail.xxxxxx.rr.com/

it's probably in the server/software.

i can access my rr web mail at work but can't reply/send.
Later in the day, another patron told me how to overcome this problem. There's a website www.mail2web.com where you can access any e-mail account from any ISP just by typing in your e-mail address and password. It will also let you send a message (doesn't have a reply feature - only original messages). Don't forget to log off when you are done. There's no registration required to use this site. Roadrunner and AOL are the two ISPs that give public computers a problem.
Account Disabled with 5,809 posts.

Experience: Advanced
12-Sep-2005, 02:43 PM #5
Quote:
Later in the day, another patron told me how to overcome this problem. There's a website www.mail2web.com where you can access any e-mail account from any ISP just by typing in your e-mail address and password. It will also let you send a message (doesn't have a reply feature - only original messages). Don't forget to log off when you are done. There's no registration required to use this site. Roadrunner and AOL are the two ISPs that give public computers a problem.
rr is no more of a problem than any other isp from a library/public access environment when/where you want to access pop3 email with attachments.

the server/software limits idiots from viewing attachments that could infect the server.

would you let someone come into your home/business and check email?

here's another.

www.e-mailanywhere.com
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!