Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Incredimail Won't Open

(!)

Member with 365 posts.

14-Dec-2005, 02:57 PM #1
Incredimail Won't Open
When I click on my email nothing happens. I can see it in my task manager so it is running in the background but it won't opne at all. Outlook still opens and I can get my email on the web but no incredimail.

Do I just reinstall? The only problem I see there is I don't want to lose all my mail.

TIA

~Lynn
Senior Member with 586 posts.

Experience: I google. Do you?
14-Dec-2005, 08:58 PM #2
try the following i found at Incredimail. link is below along with the link to their help page.

If you encounter a problem when sending or receiving your email, click here and make sure that your firewall is correctly configured with IncrediMail.

If you are still unable to send or receive your email, remove your email account then reconfigure it. This verifies that all your email account settings, including your email account username and password, are correct.

To do so, follow these steps:

1. Double-click the IncrediMail Desktop icon to open IncrediMail. In the IncrediMail main window, select the 'Tools' menu and click 'Accounts' to open the 'Mail Accounts' dialog.

2. In the 'Mail Accounts' dialog, remove your email account by selecting it and clicking 'Remove'.

3. Click 'Add', and either import your email account from another email client (such as Outlook Express) or fill in your account details manually.

Note: Enter the configuration settings exactly as given to you by your email account provider.

http://www.incredimail.com/english/h...eive/send.html

http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/index.html
Member with 17,584 posts.

14-Dec-2005, 09:08 PM #3
As his Incredimail will not open, just how is he meant to do that though...?

Incredimail is not worth the effort, as its just too hard to retrieve and backup emails. In situation such as this, when it sounds like the program files may be corrupt, your emails are at risk.

In case something is conflicting, see if it will open in safe mode.
Senior Member with 586 posts.

Experience: I google. Do you?
14-Dec-2005, 09:39 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiguy
As his Incredimail will not open, just how is he meant to do that though...?
i believe he/she said they could not open email. you do not have to open Incredimail to visit the website.

i never heard of that email program until today. and i was able to find that information.

that is the reason for my response as stated.

i did not just fall off the turnip truck.
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,463 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Dec-2005, 10:44 PM #5
Since there seems to be some confusion ........can you not open your Incredimail program at all? Or just not the individual emails?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!