Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

how to burn emails to cd

(!)

Member with 180 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-May-2006, 10:31 PM #1
Question how to burn emails to cd
Can anyone please tell me how to burn emails from my outlook express to cd. I have some very important legal documents that I want to save,but need to free up space on my computer. Any help here would be really appreciated.
Member with 229 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-May-2006, 07:35 AM #2
I believe you will have to save the email or attachment before burning it. You can always delete it after verifying the data from the burn.
Computer Specs
Member with 8,709 posts.

07-May-2006, 11:40 AM #3
Create a folder on your desktop and give it any name.
Then open up outlook express. Once opened, minimise it a bit (dragging the programme window edges in) so you have the outlook express window open big enough to see the message headers, but small enough to see the folder on your desktop. You can then drag the messages, by the header/subject line into the folder. This copies the emails to the folder, not move.
You can select multiple messages by selecting the first e-mail, then whilst holding down the shift key, select the last e-mail in the list. All in between will be selected. You can select multiple random messages also, by holding down the control key whilst selecting them, all clicked messages stay selected this way.Then drag them to the folder on mass.
Once finished, burn that folder to a CD in the normal way. With this method, you will be able to read the emails directly from the CD too.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
22-Nov-2006, 02:47 AM #4
burn emails to CD
Hello Moby, thank you for your very clear and precise instructions, you have saved me a mitfull of dosh, I'm on a low pension now. many thanks
Pikestaff
Computer Specs
Member with 8,709 posts.

22-Nov-2006, 09:44 AM #5
No worries. I hope it didn't take you those 6 months to do it.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
22-Nov-2006, 11:45 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby
Create a folder on your desktop and give it any name.
Then open up outlook express. Once opened, minimise it a bit (dragging the programme window edges in) so you have the outlook express window open big enough to see the message headers, but small enough to see the folder on your desktop. You can then drag the messages, by the header/subject line into the folder. This copies the emails to the folder, not move.
You can select multiple messages by selecting the first e-mail, then whilst holding down the shift key, select the last e-mail in the list. All in between will be selected. You can select multiple random messages also, by holding down the control key whilst selecting them, all clicked messages stay selected this way.Then drag them to the folder on mass.
Once finished, burn that folder to a CD in the normal way. With this method, you will be able to read the emails directly from the CD too.
Hi Moby,

Would the procedure be the same if you are using the Microsoft Entourage Email program on a Macintosh computer ? I have been trying every which way to copy my email msgs - I have 30K + and need them all copied onto a cd and/or different computer.

THANKS A TON
Computer Specs
Member with 8,709 posts.

25-Nov-2006, 03:17 PM #7
I've never used that e-mail programme or a Mac so I have no idea. Just try it and see.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!