Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook 2000 - Can't Delete E-Mail From Outbox

(!)

Junior Member with 9 posts.

25-Aug-2001, 12:14 AM #1
Question Outlook 2000 - Can't Delete E-Mail From Outbox
While this error isn't causing me any problems, it's one of those minor annoyances that I want to know how to fix. I have an e-mail "stuck" in my Outbox. When I try to delete it/move it/send it, this is the error message I receive:

"Can't open this item. The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message."

Thanks in advance.
Senior Member with 4,117 posts.

Experience: Still Learning
25-Aug-2001, 06:14 AM #2
Here is how to delete the message.

Go to the Mail item in the control panel.
You should see your list of accounts.
Click on each one and hit Properties and uncheck the box that says something about send/receive on this account always.
If you know which account the message was sent from, "disable" only that account.
This keeps Outlook from immediately sending and receiving, which will allow you the chance to delete the message.
Alternatively, it may be an incoming message.
In this case, you may need to contact your ISP's mail administrator, or if you have web-based email access, go there and delete the message.

25-Aug-2001, 03:40 PM #3
Post Doesn't Work
I read that solution going through the threads last night. I tried that, too. When I pull up the Mail option in Control Panel, click on my mail account and select Properties, the check box at the bottom says the following:

"Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing"

I closed Outlook, unchecked this box above, then restarted Outlook. I thought that I would be prompted to create an account, but I wasn't.

25-Aug-2001, 03:51 PM #4
You take the check out of sending and receiving so it can't send the mail when you open Outlook or Outlook Express. That way when you open it you can go to the out box and delete the message that is causing the problem

25-Aug-2001, 04:03 PM #5
Still Not Working
I unchecked the box, then launched Outlook, went to the Outbox, and attempted to delete the message. Nothing happens. The only thing I've been able to do is print the message. Every other action either does nothing or causes the "MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message"

25-Aug-2001, 04:08 PM #6
OK try this. Open it and see if you can right click on it and then move it to the desktop and then delete it.

25-Aug-2001, 04:52 PM #7
Can't open it
I can't open the e-mail. It'll say "Can't open this item. The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting the message."

I can highlight the message in the Outbox (not opening it) and right-click/print.

I can right-click/drag it to any directory I want, but that only copies it. I can't move it out of the Outbox.

25-Aug-2001, 06:07 PM #8
Can you right click on it and then click on move and then move it to c:\windows\desktop and then delete it.

25-Aug-2001, 08:36 PM #9
Trying to move it
When I right-click, I only have a "Move to folder" option.

The only folders available are those within Outlook. Even so, when I select, say, Deleted Items as the folder I wish to move this bothersome e-mail to, nothing happens.

26-Aug-2001, 06:04 AM #10
Wow this one is strange. Can you right click on it and go to properties and see what the settings for are on this one?

It seems like it limit your ability and makes me wonder if it has to do with a virus or a trojan or maybe ever spyware.

Go to these following sites and use their products to check your system for these problems. This is not typical behavior for a message.

The last thing and only other way to get rid of it is delete the profile and start a new one..

Ad-Ware Checks and removes spyware
http://www.spychecker.com/download.html

MooSoft 30 day evaluation program for trojans
http://www.moosoft.com/features.php

PC Pitstop antivirus program Must have IE Explorer 4.0 will not work with Netscape.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp

PC Cillion
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!