Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Merging Outlook profiles

(!)

Member with 747 posts.

16-Jan-2007, 05:23 PM #1
Merging Outlook profiles
Is this possible...?

I have two MS Outlook profiles on 1 laptop. One of them is my personal account, the other is an email account one of my clients has provided so that when I am at their offices and connected to their network, I can retrieve my email from their exchange server.

However, I have items in the Client calendar that I wan merged into my personal calendar when I am not at the client site.

Is there a way to merge the entries in profile #2 into profile #1?

Ta
Moderator with 13,766 posts.

16-Jan-2007, 07:43 PM #2
Hi theMusicMan

First, start Outlook with the client e-mail account and locate the directory where the .pst file is stored for that profile.
Right click on the Root/Top folder of the Personal Folders.
Properties for "Name of Personal Folder" > Advanced button
In the Filename: field, you can view the location and .pst file name of the Personal Folder.

Logoff and restart Outlook with your Personal Profile, and open the .pst file for the other e-mail account.
File > Open > Outlook Data File
Browse to the location of the .pst file for the client e-mail account.
Select the .pst file and it should appear in your Personal Profile.

Open the Calendar folder, for the newly connected Personal Folder and change the view to By Category:
View > Arrange By > Current View > By Category
**If you cannot see the Calendar for the Personal Folder,
Go > Folder List

Viewing your Appointments by Category, select an Appointment, hold down the Ctrl key and drag the appointment to the destination Calendar folder.
On my system, I must hold down the Ctrl key to actually Copy the appointment. Otherwise, the appointment is moved instead.

There are other options you may want to consider, such as creating a copy of the client e-mail .pst file and keeping it in your Personal Profile instead.
Which is not to say you can't keep the original client e-mail .pst connected to both your Personal Profile as well as the client Profile.
Outlook is flexible.

**A copy of your .pst files on a CD or Flashdrive would be good for backing up your messages and appointments.

Let us know if that works for you or not.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!