Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Google not loading

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

29-Jan-2007, 07:27 PM #1
Google not loading
Hey,
we've got a laptop with xp media center edition running internet explorer 7 and has just recently started this problem with google. We can get to anywhere else but google. The other computer in the house has no problems getting to and using google. I've searched around but I'm finding this to be a sort of unique problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Junior Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jan-2007, 01:58 AM #2
what happens when you try?

do you get anything at all?

does you browser just hang?

it might help someone to work out what going on

31-Jan-2007, 04:03 PM #3
it acts like we have no connection at all
Computer Specs
Member with 4,469 posts.

Experience: Getting it
04-Feb-2007, 07:22 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqu4
it acts like we have no connection at all
If you have no connection at all page will say cannot be displayed. Is that what is happening?
You need to elaborate some.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-Feb-2007, 09:53 PM #5
I have the same prob. I'm using firefox w/xp pro. google homepage freezes and says I'm not connected, same w/Yahoo and Yahoomail, but I can minimize those and open my bookmarked pages and they load fine for the most part. Some are reeeeaaaal slow but they connect. I am not computer savvy and thank god there's guys like ya'll giving up your free time to try and help 'tards like me. Sincerely grateful for your guidance fellas. I'm in Arkansas, could this be a new virus?
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Feb-2007, 08:10 PM #6
Frustrated with Google not loading too
It's comforting to know I'm not only one with this issue. I recently installed a Netgear WNR834B wireless router. Main computer cabled to router works fine. Second desktop (running xp) using Netgear WN121T wireless adapter seems to go anywhere except google and sites that include a google search bar. It just keeps saying it is waiting for Google. I tried Pinging Google and this works fine. Have looked at all settings, tried different things and nothing changes this behavior so far.

A call to Netgear suggested InternetExplor 7 was problem- uninstalled that and am now running ie6 and same problem. Problem did not exist on this computer when originally hooked to a cable router.

Anyone come up with solution to this yet??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

23-Feb-2007, 10:36 AM #7
Same problem
I am having the same problem. I have 2 computers that can't access Google.com wirelessly. They will work, however, if I connect them to my router with an ethernet cable. All other internet sites are loading properly. I am using a Netgear Rangemax router.

23-Feb-2007, 11:02 PM #8
Solved my problem
I was finally able to solve my problem by disabling wireless encryption on my Netgear router.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!