Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

IncrediMail - How stupid can I get?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

Experience: should be better than I a
21-Feb-2007, 08:57 AM #1
This makes me sound like a real dork! A couple of days ago I had an email from a friend. Just a bog standard email. On the bottom of it there was a row of dancing icons/smileys. Quite cute, I thought and since it was free and I'm a Scot, I pressed Billy Big Button. Now I am landed with something called IncrediMail which has taken over my life. It has swiped my address book and my inbox from their home in btinternet Yahoo! from which I can no longer access them. I have sent several emails to IncrediMail which have remained unanswered. Please someone, help me to escape their wicked clutches without losing my details which they have nicked. I've no doubt that they are a reputable site but I just want to go home!

AV (Who is now terrified to use smileys/icons)
Computer Specs
Member with 32,623 posts.

21-Feb-2007, 09:03 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntievirus
This makes me sound like a real dork! A couple of days ago I had an email from a friend. Just a bog standard email. On the bottom of it there was a row of dancing icons/smileys. Quite cute, I thought and since it was free and I'm a Scot, I pressed Billy Big Button. Now I am landed with something called IncrediMail which has taken over my life. It has swiped my address book and my inbox from their home in btinternet Yahoo! from which I can no longer access them. I have sent several emails to IncrediMail which have remained unanswered. Please someone, help me to escape their wicked clutches without losing my details which they have nicked. I've no doubt that they are a reputable site but I just want to go home!

AV (Who is now terrified to use smileys/icons)
Have you tried a system restore
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

21-Feb-2007, 11:15 AM #3
I'm now afraid to try anything in case my details are swallowed up by IncrediMail if I delete them. I'd be so grateful for your advice.
AV
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2007, 11:33 AM #4
A system restore should put your system back to before you were grabbed by incredimail

You can always undo any restore you do

It should undo the changes made by incredimail

worth a try

go to help and support and click system restore
choose a restore point to before this problem happened and see if it helps

if not we will try something else

Last edited by Blackmirror; 21-Feb-2007 at 11:40 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 4,560 posts.

Experience: In what? ;)
21-Feb-2007, 11:55 AM #5
So....you clicked on this one icon, it installed itself, and now you cannot access Yahoo or any other mail program you have used prior?

Most email programs will simply copy over any email address books you have, not clean them out of other email programs. And with the case of Yahoo, you would have to delete the email addresses as they are held on Yahoo's server, not your computer.

Have you tried to do an uninstall of the program?
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2007, 12:08 PM #6
I have been looking up incredimail removal John and it sometimes causes problems so if a sytem restore doesnt fix it then a trip to security will
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

21-Feb-2007, 12:37 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmirror
A system restore should put your system back to before you were grabbed by incredimail

You can always undo any restore you do

It should undo the changes made by incredimail

worth a try

go to help and support and click system restore
choose a restore point to before this problem happened and see if it helps

if not we will try something else
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

21-Feb-2007, 12:44 PM #8
Thank you so much. It worked. I used Systems Restore, just going back a few days. I have my address book back and my draft and sent messages. Sadly they have kept my "inbox" messages. Do you think they are going to hold them for ransome? It needed clearing out anyway.

AV
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2007, 02:05 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntievirus
Thank you so much. It worked. I used Systems Restore, just going back a few days. I have my address book back and my draft and sent messages. Sadly they have kept my "inbox" messages. Do you think they are going to hold them for ransome? It needed clearing out anyway.

AV
glad it worked for you
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

21-Feb-2007, 06:36 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyburst79
So....you clicked on this one icon, it installed itself, and now you cannot access Yahoo or any other mail program you have used prior?

Most email programs will simply copy over any email address books you have, not clean them out of other email programs. And with the case of Yahoo, you would have to delete the email addresses as they are held on Yahoo's server, not your computer.

Have you tried to do an uninstall of the program?
Computer Specs
Member with 102 posts.

21-Feb-2007, 06:41 PM #11
John
As you will have seen by my prevoius reply, I have managed to get rid of all traces of the dreaded IncrediMail. The blighters have kept the messages in my inbox - probably selling them on eBay! Small price to pay for getting my life (and address book) back. Thanks for your input.

AV
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!