Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

install.charter.com problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Apr-2007, 07:31 AM #1
install.charter.com problem
I am having a problem. When I try to get on Internet Explorer (my home page is google) i am automatically redirected to a site called install.charter.com/diskless/html/download.htm?x=22&y=23. It is trying to download something and it appears to be coming from the telecommunications company Charter. I looked at the certificate info and it is validated by Thawte Consulting. I called them and they said they cant do anything about it. I called Charter and they said b/c I am not a paying customer, they cannot troubleshoot the problem. It is getting on my nerves b/c everytime I get on the net, I am re-directed to that site. I have cleared all temp files and cache. I deleted all cookies. I reconfigured my computer with the original CD and re-installed IE. Is this a program that is on my computer?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Apr-2007, 08:42 AM #2
looks like
Looks like I have a browser hijack issue, along the line of adware. I'll run my adawre/spyware/malware programs and see what happens.
Computer Specs
Member with 32,634 posts.

27-Apr-2007, 08:43 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrockafella
Looks like I have a browser hijack issue, along the line of adware. I'll run my adawre/spyware/malware programs and see what happens.
Yes i would .. have a look in tools internet options for any add ons that have been installed that might be related active x
Junior Member with 1 posts.

03-Aug-2007, 06:47 PM #4
are you trying to get online with a cable modem in a charter system? If so, that's a likely start page until your modem is provisioned.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!