Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Macromedia Flash Player Won't Install!

(!)

Member with 69 posts.

18-May-2007, 04:42 PM #1
Macromedia Flash Player Won't Install!
Hi,

I tried to install the Macromedia Flash Player on my computer so that I could view this website I need to look at and the installation completed. Once I went back to the website, it still said I needed to install Macromedia Flash Player. What can I do to fix this?
Member with 1,191 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-May-2007, 06:09 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BShaikh10
Hi,

I tried to install the Macromedia Flash Player on my computer so that I could view this website I need to look at and the installation completed. Once I went back to the website, it still said I needed to install Macromedia Flash Player. What can I do to fix this?
Have you tried other sites that use Macromedia Flash content? If the player plays that content ok, it is a problem with the site and not the player. I would try that first.

Jack
Member with 69 posts.

19-May-2007, 12:32 PM #3
What other sites should I use? The website works fine in Mozilla for me, but not in Internet Explorer.
Member with 6,052 posts.

19-May-2007, 02:47 PM #4
Install this standalone installer, it is for IE only.
Flash Player 9
Member with 1,191 posts.

19-May-2007, 04:46 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BShaikh10
What other sites should I use? The website works fine in Mozilla for me, but not in Internet Explorer.
Whatever site that you want to go to that uses Macromedia Flash. Than we know if another site works with the player that it's the site that is the problem. If Flash doesn't work on the other site, it's the media player itself. (Go to the test site in IE.) I thought of a game site you could try:

www.mousebreaker.com It's based in the UK and the games either run on Shockwave or Flash. Go to the site in IE, and one of the games in the game selection list that is Flash based is Kingpin Bowling. See if that loads. Than we will take it from there.

Jack
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Oct-2007, 10:14 AM #6
I have a similar problem
When I try to use Youtube it says "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

I already downloaded the Flash Player and it seems to be working on other sites
But i could use Youtube before so I'm confused with this
Can anyone please help?
Thanks
Member with 1,191 posts.

27-Oct-2007, 09:37 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtyne
When I try to use Youtube it says "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

I already downloaded the Flash Player and it seems to be working on other sites
But i could use Youtube before so I'm confused with this
Can anyone please help?
Thanks
A few suggestions: (I assume you are running Windows XP SP-2)

If the problem occurs only on YouTube, you should contact them regarding this issue.

Other things to check:

Do you have Java turned on? In IE, go to Internet Options, and click on the Advanced Tab, and make sure that Java is checked in the list. (when checked and OK is clicked, a computer restart may be required.)

If it is, than download the latest version of Java from Sun. Close all other windows, than go to Add Remove programs and remove previous versions of anything that says Java Runtime Environment or (JRE) in the list. (A restart may be required here also.)

After rebooting, get the latest version of Java from Sun here: If you are running Windows XP SP-2 and get the Information Bar about installing the plug in, click on the bar, and install it. The download for new Java is here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/wind...t=www.java.com

Follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Try to go to YouTube Now. Does it work?

Jack
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!