Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

AOL Internal Browser SLOW

(!)

Member with 34 posts.

06-Jun-2007, 11:20 AM #1
AOL Internal Browser SLOW
The computer is on Windows XP SP2, a wireless internet connection on fiber optics.

When a page is loading in AOL's internal browser, it takes forever, like say 3-4 minutes to load google. If I go outside AOL, and use internet explorer, any website loads in seconds. It's like the AOL internal browser is getting really lagged or something. Any ideas how to fix?

Oh BTW, it is AOL 8.0, 9.0 lagged the computer to death, 8.0 doesn't freeze the comp. Both aol 8.0 and 9.0 had laggy loading of web pages on the internal browser.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

06-Jun-2007, 12:49 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mforce00
The computer is on Windows XP SP2, a wireless internet connection on fiber optics.

When a page is loading in AOL's internal browser, it takes forever, like say 3-4 minutes to load google. If I go outside AOL, and use internet explorer, any website loads in seconds. It's like the AOL internal browser is getting really lagged or something. Any ideas how to fix?

Oh BTW, it is AOL 8.0, 9.0 lagged the computer to death, 8.0 doesn't freeze the comp. Both aol 8.0 and 9.0 had laggy loading of web pages on the internal browser.
if I was you i would ditch the Aohell browser and get Firefox like i done it's much faster.
Member with 34 posts.

06-Jun-2007, 01:25 PM #3
The AOL browser must be used and that is why I'm asking for help on the specific program.
Member with 34 posts.

06-Jun-2007, 01:47 PM #4
Fixed it...it took me forever to find the AOL browser settings... had to clear cache.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!