Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Satellite Internet Runs Slow After I Watch Streaming Videos

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Jul-2007, 08:25 PM #1
Satellite Internet Runs Slow After I Watch Streaming Videos
if i watch videos for a certin period of time my internet slows down to worse then dial up. Its normally superfast. its been happening for about a week and a half. i go through hughesnet. i was wondering if there was anyway to get it running again once it hits the block. PLEASE HELP!!!

this page took 6 mins to load..........
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,859 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jul-2007, 12:38 AM #2
How many MB of data did you download while watching the streaming video?

Found this discussion on another web site ....

http://consumerist.com/consumer/hugh...-it-261084.php

Quote:
After 3:01AM April 18th, their so-called "Fair Access Policy" changed to say that now the subscribers can download 375MB but in a TWENTY FOUR HOUR period! What's worse is, if you download more than 375MB in your 24 hour period (which by the way is a rolling period of time -- therefore you never get reset to zero unless you unplug your modem for 24 hours!), then you will be rated limited to sub-dialup speeds for TWENTY FOUR HOURS! The rate limit punishment time used to be 12 hours before this new policy came into effect!
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Jul-2007, 10:25 PM #3
Fap
There is a Fair Access Policy for HughesNet Satellite Internet customers, if that is who you are using. Here is a good flash demo of how the HughesNet's FAP works. http://www.getdsltoo.com/Hughes-Net-FAP.asp

It is odd that you hit your FAP by streaming video, unless it was high quality.

If you let us know what you where streaming, I'll let you know how long you can until you hit your FAP

-Ned
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!