Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unable to open PDF files in email attachments

(!)

Member with 97 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Aug-2007, 09:42 PM #1
Unable to open PDF files in email attachments
I received an invoice over the internet that is a PDF file and when I try to open it I get an error message that says, "This file does not have a program associated with it performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel". I looked in Control Panel and was unable to find anything in Folder Options to fix this problem. Any ideas?
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,224 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Aug-2007, 10:16 PM #2
Do you have Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other program that can display a PDF file installed on your computer?

EDIT: Is the e-mail and PDF file from someone or a company that you would expect to be sending you an invoice? If not, it could be spam or even worse, a computer virus.

Last edited by cwwozniak; 21-Aug-2007 at 10:24 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 56,093 posts.

22-Aug-2007, 01:26 AM #3
You can get Foxit Reader 2.0 for Windows that is small and faster then Acrobat Reader.

Download
Then you have 3 version to pick from.
The (ZIP Package: .zip, 1.83 MB) you just unzip it to it's own folder and can run it without a install.
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,441 posts.

22-Aug-2007, 06:26 AM #4
If you have pdf software installed ..
You may have to go to Folder options .. File types .. and fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Unable to open PDF files in email attachments-clipboard01.gif  
Junior Member with 1 posts.

11-May-2008, 06:08 AM #5
I have the same problem.. I cannot directly open pdf attachments in my email.. It says the same " this file does not have a program associated to open it," i have the latest adobe pdf reader..?? any ideas..??
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!