Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

are you sure you want to permanently delete these message(s)

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Feb-2008, 11:44 AM #1
Cool are you sure you want to permanently delete these message(s)
This must have been asked before, but I cannot find an answer. I use Outlook Express. When I want to clean up my "Deleted Files" folder, each time I try to delete for the final time, I get a pop-up... "Are you sure you want to permanently delete these message(s)"

It's a small thing, but very aggravating to me. Does anybody know a tweak that can stop this message from appearing?
Computer Specs
Member with 345 posts.

20-Feb-2008, 04:11 PM #2
Hi,
Would it be convenient for you to go to "tools">options>Maintenance tab and click on "empty deleted items folder on exiting O.E."?? Be aware however that once you put an E-mail into the deleted folder & then exit with these settings in this way they are gone! No second chances to keep them around for a while!
Ben
Junior Member with 3 posts.

21-Feb-2008, 04:58 AM #3
Actually, I use the deleted items folder to keep messages that are most likely useless, but I want to keep may of them "just in case" I might need them again. But every 6 months or so I go through and purge the obviously useless from the ones that someday I might want again. And it is during this cleaning out process that I must tediously delete and and then once again "confirm delete" each message. I suppose I could make a "moldy mail" file, but I was just wondering if anyone had found a switch in the registry which turns off this pop-up message.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,036 posts.

21-Feb-2008, 11:54 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboluke View Post
Actually, I use the deleted items folder to keep messages that are most likely useless, but I want to keep may of them "just in case" I might need them again. But every 6 months or so I go through and purge the obviously useless from the ones that someday I might want again. And it is during this cleaning out process that I must tediously delete and and then once again "confirm delete" each message. I suppose I could make a "moldy mail" file, but I was just wondering if anyone had found a switch in the registry which turns off this pop-up message.
As far as I know, the final delete confirmation can't be turned off. Benny's suggestion is the best way.

You really shouldn't store messages in the Default folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, and Deleted Items). Doing so can result in folder bloat and possible corruption of the DBX files.
Your idea of a "Moldy Mail" file is the way to go. Same goes for the other default folders.

Hopefully that will save you some grief down the road.

T.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!