Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: "The website declined to show this webpage"

(!)

Junior Member with 20 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Aug-2008, 03:39 PM #1
Exclamation Solved: "The website declined to show this webpage"
I am suddenly having trouble accessing web sites with PDF files, including trying to download PDF attachments from my GMAIL account (well, any type of file), and also accessing any Download pages, like Adobe Reader's EXE file. I get a message "The website declined to show this webpage" (error 403) instead. I'm not sure if this is related, but also I cannot seem to get Adobe Flash 9.0 embedded items to show up, no error messages either. (When I ask IE7 to list the add-ons being used, it doesn't even list it when it should be, from the page I am on.)

I am running ZoneAlarm Security Suite v.7, IE 7, on Win XP SP 2.

This is highly annoying.
Thanks for any assistance.
415digital 415digital is offline 415digital has a Profile Picture
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Aug-2008, 03:51 PM #2
Zone Alarm
Have you disabled Zone Alarm temporarily? Check the page and try to open a pdf.

01-Aug-2008, 04:17 PM #3
I disabled it to try and download Adobe Reader 7, the exe file. I don't even get a warning from IE7 that says "to help protect your security, IE has blocked this download..." I manually clicked to start the download, and that is where I get the blocked web site.

Oh hang on, I just tried it again for a PDF and it worked, and then I went back to the Adobe site, and it does let me download now. GMAIL now downloads...

ZA did do an update a week or so ago, so something must have messed up. I will post on the user forums there and ask what's up. Or maybe it has to do with the popup blocker or something when I reset my AD blocking.

Thanks for reminding me to double check....
415digital 415digital is offline 415digital has a Profile Picture
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Aug-2008, 06:46 PM #4
Zone Alarm
No Problem. ZA can be reset to its default settings if you have tweaked the firewall, etc.

01-Aug-2008, 07:14 PM #5
Actually, what I did was go to the Options on the approved site list for those particular sites, and allow embedded objects, scripting, etc. That seems to be one way to solve the problem. I was supposed to save all my settings last time I reset ZA, and can't believe I forgot to do that. *sigh* It can be a pain reloading all the programs, web sites, etc.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!