Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Internet Explorer flash "Connecting" then closes

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: knows little-not beginner
20-Oct-2008, 02:43 AM #1
Unhappy Solved: Internet Explorer flash "Connecting" then closes
(Desktop w/Windows XP) - Internet Explorer, first the first half of the screen stated that Internet Explorer was not active and the other half of the screen showed comcast.net's information but would always be in a non-responding state. In addition, a message displayed “This application has failed to start because McRt 32.dll was not found. Reinstall the application may fix this problem. [Ok]”, and I believe it also stated that a component was missing. Comcast Cable informed me that it was a browser problem. After trying for quite a time I was able to download Explorer 7.0, which now beings to the immediate problem with Internet Explorer now flashing “Connecting” and then just as quickly closing (will not remain open). The above stated error message no longer appears. Comcast installed the internet on Monday, October 16 and the internet was fine so I think I might have caused the 1st problem by either removing or reconfiguring something wrong while trying to connect to the network on my laptop with a key that the system (desktop) gave me that will not allow connection which is another matter all together. Thank you for any help you can give me. Praysemema
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: knows little-not beginner
22-Oct-2008, 05:17 AM #2
Solution from Microsoft Help and Support web sight: Reset all Internet Explorer setting as follows:
Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts
Solution: Reset all Internet Explorer settingswill improve the performance of Internet Explorer.

If the problem is caused by damaged or incompatible Internet Explorer settings or add-ons, you can usually resolve the problem by resetting Internet Explorer settings. When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer.

Step 1: Open Internet Options.
To do this, follow these steps:
a) Click Start, and then click Run.
b) Type Inetcpl.cpl, and then press ENTER. The Internet Options dialog box opens.

Step 2: Reset Internet Explorer settings
a) Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
b) After you click Reset, a Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box appears that asks you to confirm the following: Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?
Note You might receive the following message instead:
Before you can reset Internet Explorer settings, you must first close all other open windows and programs.
If you receive this message, click OK, and then close all Internet Explorer windows except for the window that you are using to view this content. Then, repeat this step.
  1. Click Reset to confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings.
After Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close.
Important This step will ask you to restart Internet Explorer. When you restart Internet Explorer, the content that you are now viewing will no longer be displayed. So, before you continue, you might find it helpful to create a shortcut to this Web page on your desktop so that you can easily return to this page by double-clicking the shortcut. To create a shortcut to this Web page on your desktop, follow these steps:
    1. Right-click this page, and then click Create Shortcut.
    2. In the Internet Explorer dialog box, click Yes to create a shortcut on your desktop.

To close the Internet Options dialog box and restart Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
      1. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Close all open Internet Explorer windows, and then restart Internet Explorer.

As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
praysemema@comcast.net

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!