Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

3 DONGLE - How to speed it up

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Internet Beginner
29-Oct-2008, 03:33 PM #1
3 DONGLE - How to speed it up
I have a three network dongle. It is really slow. I have been told that you can make changes to the registry or to internet explorer or firefox that will really speed things up. Does anyone know about this. I think its something to do with speeding up the protocols
Senior Member with 690 posts.

Experience: Advanced Web Developer
29-Oct-2008, 04:01 PM #2
Hey,

I think the main problem would be the actually speed you're getting through the network on the dongle - i.e. reception/network speed.

I've seen heaps of these 'speed up your internet' pieces of software, reg hacks etc, but personally I wouldn't go near any of them.

There is no reason why IE or Firefox will be set up to go slower than it actually can (!!) so to me that means that these 'speed up' bits and pieces aren't too handy...

I'd start by looking at network reception - what speed should you be getting according to the network provider compared to what are you getting?

And obvious question - make sure you're in a 3G (or 3G Broadband) reception area... I used to have one, and 90% of the time I was only in normal network range, so no 3g speed.... let alone 3g broadband speeds...

Hope that helps
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Internet Beginner
29-Oct-2008, 04:06 PM #3
OK thanks - I will try working that out.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!