Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Incredimail Import Of Contacts & Old Messages

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Feb-2009, 02:55 PM #1
Incredimail Import Of Contacts & Old Messages
I am having an issue with Incredimail. My old computer died so I just purchased a new one. I installed the hard drive from the old computer as an extra drive on the new computer (drive F). On the old computer I was running Incredimail which is where the contacts and messages were stored. Now, I installed Incredimail on the new computer (drive C) and I am trying to import my contacts and messages from drive F to the new computer. This is where I'm having issues. I cannot import the data because I cannot find where the contacts and messages are stored on the old hard drive. I have looked everywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry
LauraMJ has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,364 posts.

21-Feb-2009, 06:22 PM #2
Do you still have Incredimail loaded on the old hard drive? If so, use the export function to export it to the desktop where you can import it into your new program.

If not, the data file should be located (by default) at:

F:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Local Settings\Application Data\IM
Computer Specs

21-Feb-2009, 11:53 PM #3
Attempting to launch Incredimail on my F drive just brings up Incredimail from my C drive. When I navigate to the folder you are referring to, it does not list contacts or messages. Do you know the actual name of the contact file that I can search for?

Thanks,

Larry
Computer Specs

22-Feb-2009, 12:42 AM #4
Open the file path I gave you above. When you have that file open, locate the file named: IncrediMail Data.cab. Copy that to your desktop. Double click on the cab file to open it. Search through there to find the folders from your Incredimail program. They'll be named "inbox.imh and "inbox.imm," and whatever ones you created (or want to retrieve). All will have a .imm and a .imh folder. Right click on them and extract to your desktop. Once you have all the ones you want on your desktop, open IM and open the "import" function. Instruct it to import from IM and from the desktop. Once you get to where it can find folders related to IM, it will show them in the window. You can then choose the ones you want to import and click "next." It will import everything from those folders to your IM.

You can then delete the stuff off of your desktop.
Computer Specs

22-Feb-2009, 05:14 PM #5
Ok, thank you, I'm getting closer. I found those files and imported all of the folders. The only thing is they were all empty. Also, I'm still not able to retrieve my contacts. Additionally, I'm brand new to Windows Vista and I think it may be preventing me from seeing everything. Plus, every folder I click on while trying to find the cab files it tells me I don't have permission. Do you know how to correct this?

Thanks,

Larry
Computer Specs

22-Feb-2009, 08:13 PM #6
I'm sorry, I don't know anything really about Vista......I've never really worked with it much.

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to give you some idea if Vista is being a problem in this situation.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
contacts, import, incredimail, messages

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!