Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

AOL Free Email stopped working

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Jun-2009, 06:47 PM #1
AOL Free Email stopped working
For the last 3 days I can no longer see my email on AOL. I don't use AOL software, just use the web 2.0 mail (similar to msn hotmail). I get the following error. "Service Error. There was a problem handling your request. An unspecified error has occurred The Technical Stuff: Error Code: C0FE1800 Report ID: 10246-east-20090601-202822"

Aol help pages suggest clearing the cashe, but that doesn't fix the problem.

I've tried it on 4 different computers and on Internet Explorer as well as Firefox and get the same error. Its not a password problem either. I don't use aol for internet connectivity.

Other info: My email address was originally owned by goowy.com and as they went out of business it was sold to AOL. And so my aol screen name/email address ends with @goowy.com (not aol.com). It worked fine for about a year until 3 days ago. AOL support told me on a chat that they won't help me because my screen name (which they created) is not valid. Aol refuses to help customers of free services. Out of desparation I even tried the aol 9.1 software, but I can't enter my full screen name (email address) because it only allows 20 characters, and mine is 21 characters, and so cannot log on to this software.

I have a chat session with aol available where they refused to help me if anyone is interested.

I need access to my archived emails. Any ideas how to resolve this with aol?
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jun-2009, 10:05 AM #2
update
AOL has changed something and I can now log in, but all my archived emails and folders are gone.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
aol email, aol problems, c0fe1800, free aol mail

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!