Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Bad Request (invalid verb)????

(!)

Member with 236 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jun-2009, 12:51 PM #1
Solved: Bad Request (invalid verb)????
my wife suddenly cannot access anything on her Avon Representitive account. no matter what she clicks on, we get a white screen that says "Bad Request (Invalid Verb). she can access everything on ANY other computer except ours. Its only this computer. the web says that fixes for this can be tricky. does anyone here know whats its all about and how to fix it? this is her home business and cant go without it for long.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,894 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Jun-2009, 01:02 PM #2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828726

Scroll to the bottom and try the two registry fixes (one at a time). Reboot between fixes. Make sure you back up the registry before you make any changes.

Courtney
Member with 236 posts.

02-Jun-2009, 01:16 PM #3
neither of those registry fixes helped at all. what else is there?
Member with 236 posts.

02-Jun-2009, 02:48 PM #4
plus, if the registry fixes you suggested didnt work, is it ok to leave those changes or should i undo the changes?
Computer Specs
Member with 3,723 posts.

Experience: Advanced in Networking
02-Jun-2009, 07:51 PM #5
Either thing should be fine.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
03-Jun-2009, 10:38 PM #6
Unhappy Same Problem
When you find out how to fix the problem, please let me know! I'm not an Avon rep, but I am trying to access the links on my rep's site, and get the same error message. Good luck, and thanks! The solutions from Microsoft's site didn't help, and neither did Avon's cust. serv. reps. They told me to clear the cache, allow cookies, delete temporary files, then restart. Didn't help. I told them so, and another rep emailed with the exact same instructions, and didn't answer an additional question I had, as well.

Last edited by OldHP; 03-Jun-2009 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: additional info
Member with 236 posts.

04-Jun-2009, 09:39 AM #7
i just found out this is IS my antivirus software that is causing the broblem. when i disable the software, the website works fine. so now i have to call the software co and have them tell me how to have the software recognize the website as safe. ill be doing that later today.
Computer Specs

04-Jun-2009, 01:17 PM #8
Wow, thanks for posting that--it worked for me, too! This has been driving me bananas! Do you have Esetnod 32 antivirus, too?
Member with 236 posts.

04-Jun-2009, 07:40 PM #9
yeah, i have ESET too. i love it! 100x's better than anything else out there...except maybe its a little TOO sensitive considiering the problem we're having. i e-mailed them to find out how to configure the software to allow my website, and they gave me their phone number and told me to call them and theyll guide me thru the steps. man, i dont want ot call England for this. oh well. hey, good luck to you as well!
Computer Specs

04-Jun-2009, 07:43 PM #10
They got a message from me, too, lol. Guess I'll be hearing from them soon! Thanks for keeping me informed on this.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

02-Jul-2009, 01:37 AM #11
Thank you all for your info. I use Eset too and was really missing my Avon site.
Computer Specs

03-Jul-2009, 11:47 PM #12
Glad this helped you! Eset had me download the latest version of the antivirus (no extra charge) and that took care of the problem. Happy Avon shopping!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!