Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

emachines D620 with Vista won't connect to internet

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

11-Aug-2009, 12:35 AM #1
emachines D620 with Vista won't connect to internet
So I've been having trouble connecting to the internet for about 2 months now. I am currently in rural Chile with little access to computer help so I thought I'd give this a try.

Basically, I bought this computer back in November of 2008, so not even a year yet. It worked fine while I was still in the States and for the first few month I was here in Chile. Then it started giving me problems when I would try to connect to the internet. I wouldn't be able to connect very often or easily. However, about 2 months ago it stopped connecting altogether. The weird thing is that it continues to find networks. I have internet where I am staying and it recognizes that network as well as the one at the school I teach at (and anywhere I go for that matter). It even says I'm connected but will often say it is an "Unidentified Network" even while it says the network's name thatit is trying to connect to. It won't connect to wireless or ethernet and I even bought a new adapter but that doesn't work either.

I've tried what seems like everything and even brought it to an internet café to have them look at it but they couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help me?!! I'd really appreciate it! I am a volunteer here in Chile so I don't make money to pay to have it fixed and it really helps me teach my classes when I have internet.

Thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
emachines d620, internet connection, vista home basic

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!