Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Outlook 2007 'Sent Items' folder is missing

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Sep-2009, 11:09 AM #1
Outlook 2007 'Sent Items' folder is missing
Hello All,

I am in desperate need of some assistance and if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

We are running Exchange 2007.

One of our staff members is using Outlook 2007 and has contacted us because their 'Sent Items' folder has "dissapeared" from there navigation tree view which is very odd. This is also the case on OWA which accesses the server directly and is a true image of the mailbox.

Now the strange thing is that when you search the users e-mail address in 'All Mail Items' and sort the list by 'From' they are all displayed and you can also add the collum 'In Folder' and it shows 'Sent Items'.

I have been searching Google for the passed few days and the closest I have come is to open the 'Sent Items' folder using the following workaround.... Click 'View', highlight 'Toolbars' and select 'Web', in the new toolbar field type "outlook:sent items" without quotes. This shows the 'Sent Items' folder as expected but it does not display in the Navigation tree view.

Both these methods prove that all the Sent Items are present and in the mailbox but appear to be hidden from the navigation view in both Outlook and OWA.

Below are the steps I have tried so far to no avail:

- Re-created the Outlook profile on another machine
- Connected to the mailbox via IMAP
- Disabled Cache Mode within Outlook
- Exported mailbox to .PST and opened within Outlook (During the export it shows the Sent Items exporting)
- outlook.exe /resetfolders
- outlook.exe /resetnavpane
- 'Clear Offline Items' when right clicking the 'Sent Items' folder and choosing 'Properties'

Again, if any one has had this issue previously or knows a solution please help as this is a very poorly covered issue and would be much appreciated by me and anyone else in the future!

Kind Regards,

JayPeg

14-Sep-2009, 02:21 AM #2
Nice of people to help
Junior Member with 1 posts.

02-Oct-2009, 09:18 AM #3
I have a user with the sent items missing as well, i can not seem to get it back.

03-Oct-2009, 01:24 PM #4
Hi,

I spent ages trying to resolve this issue but ended up creating a new mailbox and importing the .PST into it.

The Sent Items were exported and successfully reimported without any issues.

Really strange but that was the only way I could get around it.

Hope this helps.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
missing folder, navigation bar, outlook, outlook 2007, sent items

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!