Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Google Chrome

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Oct-2009, 03:39 PM #1
Question Solved: Google Chrome
I need help with Google Chrome and how to get this on both user accounts for both my husband and myself on the same PC. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, and have to swich user to access the search engine.
All advise will be great as Vista smuggles with my brains...Thanx!

Last edited by Petty; 01-Oct-2009 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: tags revise
Member with 560 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Oct-2009, 05:07 PM #2
It should automatically be on both accounts. On the start menu's search type "Chrome" and it should be there. Then just maybe add a shortcut to your desktop(s).
Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

01-Oct-2009, 05:50 PM #3
Red face Google chrome
I downloaded Chrome on my husband's user account, we are both set as administrators. On my start menu, and even in my user account chrome does not appear, on his it does... I however, copied and pasted an icon to my desktop, but it is inactive, I also went into the ''properties'' of the icon, and set myself onto full control, still if I click onto the icon on my side- no result. Do I have to download Chrome again on my side, or will it take up too much vitual memory? I do not want to mess up ...as I already have Firefox, and IE8, But i am getting too many popups, especially with FF, my settings on FF are totally right, pop ups blocked and on IE but still hundreds keep popping, so I want to change, maybe uninstal FF...what do u suggest? Thanx for your response, and help.
Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

02-Oct-2009, 02:51 PM #4
Thank you for your advice. But, I found the solution.
Google Chrome gets saved into Application Data files on download. And therefore can only be used by the user downloading it at the time.
the correct way to do this, is to go to Google pack, tick the appropriate boxes you would like to download, of which Chrome is one, the download files will then be saved into Programme files on your PC and available to all users,
Regards,
petty
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
google chrome, user accounts, windows vista 32-bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!