Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: AOL Mail not loading in Firefox

(!)

Member with 158 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Oct-2009, 04:44 PM #1
Solved: AOL Mail not loading in Firefox
For the last few weeks, whenever I try to access my AOL Mail from Firefox, the loading screen appears and just hangs there. The little "Loading" wheel animation never appears, and after about a minute the "If your mail does not load, you can use the Basic version of Web Mail here." line appears. When I try using the Basic version, it seems that everything loads but the messages themselves.

I've done a search on this problem and tried various solutions, like cleaning out my cache and upgrading to the latest version of Firefox. None of them helped. AOL Mail loads fine in Internet Explorer, so I concluded that the problem must be with Firefox.

What can I do to fix this problem?
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 255 posts.

Experience: Over 15,000 computers ser
08-Oct-2009, 11:13 PM #2
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe Flash plugin for Firefox? If not, try that next...close Firefox, go to Add/Remove programs and remove Adobe Flash. Start Firefox again and go to YouTube or some site that definitely uses Flash or just straight to adobe.com and re-download and install a new version of Flash.

If you are still having problems, disable any add-ons you have installed for Firefox, and try your email again. If it works then, you have a conflict with one of the add-ons...you can enable them one at a time to figure out which one is the culprit. Good luck.
Member with 158 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Oct-2009, 02:47 PM #3
Well, it turns out that AdBlock was causing the problem. I guess I got too block-happy and accidentally blocked that Loading animation somehow.

Anyway, the problem's fixed now. Thank for your help!
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 255 posts.

Experience: Over 15,000 computers ser
10-Oct-2009, 12:13 AM #4
Glad you found it! Have a good weekend.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!