Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: IE8 - web page display

(!)

Member with 185 posts.

18-Nov-2009, 11:45 AM #1
Solved: IE8 - web page display
When opening any web page, the page is displayed at around 50% of what it should be. This is not to be confused with the full screen feature of IE8. I have attempted to drag the sides of the page to fill my display screen, but this setting does not remain. How do you edit IE8 to always open at 100% of the viewable area of the screen? Thanks.
Member with 348 posts.

18-Nov-2009, 09:25 PM #2
Open the registry (regedit) and go to HKEY_CURRENT USER>Software>Microsoft>Internet Explorer>Main and look for a key with the name full screen and change the value to yes should make it always open in a full screen where the window is the size of the monitor.

I took that from windows xp for IE7 should be almost exactly the same in IE8 or at least in the same place in the registry.
Member with 185 posts.

19-Nov-2009, 10:39 AM #3
Terrific tip. Worked like a charm. Your suggestion should be viewed by all Internet Explorer users. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,318 posts.

Experience: Advanced
19-Nov-2009, 10:57 AM #4
The FullScreen key refers to F11 in IE7.

jackpan,

Is that what you needed?
Member with 185 posts.

19-Nov-2009, 11:32 AM #5
The tip by computerguy1990 did exactly what I wanted. It opens web pages to the maximized screen and not full screen. I don't know about IE7, but it works perfectly with IE8.
Computer Specs

19-Nov-2009, 11:48 AM #6
Funny 'cause it's not related to your problem...
Member with 185 posts.

19-Nov-2009, 12:42 PM #7
There appears to be a problem with terminology. In my first post I requested a method to maximize my web pages at 100% of the viewable area of my screen and not at 50%. The tip provided by computerguy1990 did exactly that. He stated his tip was the same as Full Screen ( F11). This is not the case using IE8. His suggestion maximized my screen to 100% of the viewable surface which is exactly what I requested. Perhaps IE7 functions differently that IE8. I don't really know. The bottom line is my screen is maximized at 100% and not at full screen. By pressing the F11 key I can toggle back and forth from full screen to a maximized screen. Hope this explanation clears up any confusion my description may have caused.
Computer Specs

19-Nov-2009, 12:45 PM #8
OK, thanks.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!