Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Address book export/import

(!)

Junior Member with 22 posts.

24-Mar-2010, 09:58 PM #1
Address book export/import
Dear Sirs or Madam:
I am attempting to work with my Hover Webmail address book.
1. Attempting to move my OE6 mail and address book installed on my XP PC DESKTOP into Hover Web mail.
2. DESKTOP 'not' currently online...let my internet security protection expire in order to reformat hard drive and then use a different internet security protection.
3. My VISTA LAPTOP 'does not' have Microsoft Windows Mail and Address Book set up on it.
4. Would like to export the correct Microsoft OE6 address book address file from my DESKTOP to a removable flash drive and then move that file/flash drive to my LAPTOP.
5. When I go thru the OE6 Export address book procedure the address book is saved in an Excel file on my Desktop desktop screen,
6. I then move that file to my flash drive and then save it to my desktop of my LAPTOP.
7. When I go to Hover Web Mail and attempt the import of this address book (from my LAPTOP) and I get an error message that this cannot be accomplished.
8. I did call your tech support and was told that the OE6 address book and the saved exported OE6 address book Excel file had to be on the SAME machine in which I was using internet to upload the address book to Hover Web Mail.
9. I thought there might be a work around so as I can just move the address book file from one computer to another and then upload the address book from the latter computer to Hover Web Mail.
10. I do hope this might be possible.

Thanks for your consideration and assistance,
Moderator with 13,743 posts.

25-Mar-2010, 02:10 AM #2
Hi silverdude

This link shows how to Export and Import your e-mail contacts into Hover Web Mail:
http://help.hover.com/tutorials/hove...ok-to-webmail/
Scroll down to the Outlook Express steps.

The file should be saved as a .csv file and Excel can read that type of file.

I don't know whose tech support you called, but they would not be affiliated with this board.
This board is purely volunteer, people who give of their own time to help others.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
address book, export/import, outlook express 6, web mail

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!