Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Mouse temporarily freezing during web page loads

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

24-Aug-2002, 11:25 PM #1
Talking Mouse temporarily freezing during web page loads
I've been living with this problem for a long time, because I thought it was normal, but my work PC doesn't exhibit this problem, so now I'm wondering if there's a way to fix it on my home PC.

The problem is:
Whenever I'm loading a page with lots of graphics, animations, flash or other elements besides straight HTML (which, these days, is just about all web pages), my mouse temporarily freezes or moves very slowly or in bursts.

I don't have a new machine, but I figure a PII, 400MHz with a 16 meg graphics card should be able to handle a web page with graphics. Sometimes I have to click the stop button in IE 6 to stop whatever animation is in progress on a page, just so I can get my mouse to work normally again.

Everything else about my computer's operation seems fine while this problem is happening.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it my mouse, my graphics card, just the fact that my machine is too slow? Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Louie
Senior Member with 4,117 posts.

Experience: Still Learning
25-Aug-2002, 08:43 AM #2
I suppose you have win98 or ME but really doesn't make much difference.

Go to

www.rselby.com/cleanup.htm

and follow the instructions for cleaning the hard drive and also the instructions for removing programs from the start up that are running in the back ground. These will be listed under the msconfig headings.

Do all of these and when you are finished defrag and reboot and try again and see if it isn't better.

The instructions are also for win98 and 2K.
Junior Member with 4 posts.

26-Aug-2002, 05:13 PM #3
also defragment it. I defragment my pc about every 2 weeks
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!