Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Using Gmail with Send To >Mail Recipient

(!)

Member with 177 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Sep-2010, 06:42 AM #1
Using Gmail with Send To >Mail Recipient
I use Gmail and would like to use the Send To command (seen with right mouse click on a file in Explorer) as well as the Send command in MS Office 2007 programs. Currently these commands create an Outlook e-mail showing the file or Office document as a attachment. My question is whether there is a way to have them create a Gmail e-mail instead.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,941 posts.

01-Sep-2010, 04:14 PM #2
I believe that 'Send to' uses the default account defined in your default email client. So, if you use Outlook make gmail your default account. If you use a different email client set it to be your default.
Member with 177 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Sep-2010, 05:56 AM #3
Yes, that is true and I have set Gmail up in Outlook but this has a problem. If I do not have Outlook open then the message will sit in the Outbox and not be sent until the next time Outlook is loaded. Secondly, I am using Windows 7 and my recollection is that with Windows XP it was easy to go into Control Panel/Internet Options and define Outlook, Hotmail, or Outlook Express as the mail handler. This would determine which program was used. What I am wondering is how to make this selection in Windows 7 and whether someone knows of a way to add Gmail to the selection list.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,941 posts.

02-Sep-2010, 09:16 AM #4
Control Panel (not Category view) - Default Programs - Set your default programs - you can pretty well set up what you want. If not, use one of the other options in Default Programs.

Not sure what you mean by "add Gmail to the selection list." I think of Gmail as an email service (that can be used as web mail or as POP or IMAP with an email client). Is there also a program (email client) of that name?

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!