Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Getting rid of incredimail's my start

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Sep-2010, 01:19 PM #1
Question Solved: Getting rid of incredimail's my start
I have HP Presario Compaq Laptop with Windows 7 - I use FireFox with Google search bar.
I installed incredimail [version ?]- hated it - unistalled it in regular program optiion. It seems to be gone except the awful MY StART take over of my FireFox search page. It has advertisements etc. Also
Facebook link. It still shows a small Google search box option - but has BING options above.
I downloaded incredimail's directions on how to remove it from the registry - all went well to get it open
but I couldn't fine the imf and other related things to delete. It seemed like everything was listed alphabetically in the register - I stopped after scrolling through 6 or 8 pages of registry entries. Other support sites had the same list of imf etc. to delete.

Surely, someone has had this same nightmare. kaybaby
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Oct-2010, 11:36 AM #2
Wink I isolved my original posted problem
I was able to use a different Incredimail's [better than registry tampering] directions [but only as a guideline] to reclaim my FireFox [Google] search page from My Start monopoly.

I opened the monpolized FireFox search [home] page and clicked tools. Then I clicked options. The first tab that opened was the "Home Page" option. I left the worded box above the file path entry box as it was already worded - "my Home Page''

The file path box actually had a file path to upgrade my FireFox version - which I don't want.
Under the file path entry box I clicked "Restore to Default" and the upgrade file path changed to the proper original home page address for FireFox to be used as the default browser.

I know others have this same problem - so I took time to post this thread - I also want to help keep this forum as good as it has always been.

Kaybaby
Moderator with 63,365 posts.

04-Oct-2010, 11:51 AM #3
thanks for posting the solution.

I've merged the threads together so we don't have duplicates running around.

thanks,

v
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!