Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to export outlook emails (.pst) into hotmail account

(!)

View Poll Results: Can we use MS Office 2010 in AMD ATHLON XP, having 512mb ram with a speed of 1.10Ghz?
yes 0 0%
no 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

05-Dec-2010, 08:57 AM #1
Unhappy How to export outlook emails (.pst) into hotmail account
hi folks,

I recently installed MS Office and i configured my MS outlook to receive emails from my hotmail account. It downloaded all the mails from my hotmail inbox and stored it in my computer as a .pst file removing all mails from my hotmail inbox, but now when i tried to export all these mails again to hotmail inbox i do not have any clue as to what I should do now. I am afraid if there are no ways to resolve this issue, Please put forth your suggestions. Thank you guys ! have a good day
Computer Specs
Moderator with 49,829 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Dec-2010, 09:49 AM #2
heres the system requirements for office 2010
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../ee624351.aspx
will work on 32bit XP Sp3 and 256MB but 512MB recommended
Computer Specs
Member with 9,028 posts.

05-Dec-2010, 10:37 AM #3
Drag the emails back into the hotmail inbox
Click Send/Receive to resync the folders
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

05-Dec-2010, 11:48 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutcaste View Post
Drag the emails back into the hotmail inbox
Click Send/Receive to resync the folders
how could I drag all the emails back to hotmail inbox. the mails which were in hotmail server totally got downloaded into my system and if i click on send/receive its transferring all the new mails from my hotmail inbox to outlook inbox.
(theoutcaste) - do we have any options in outlook to put back all the emails from outlook inbox into hotmail?
Computer Specs
Member with 9,028 posts.

05-Dec-2010, 12:26 PM #5
How did you configure Outlook to access your hotmail account? Are you using the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector, or did you configure Outlook for Pop3 access?
Click Tools | Account Settings, does your hotmail account show as MAPI or POP/SMTP?

If you set it up as Pop3, the only way to get them back on the server is to email (forward) them to your hotmail account. You'd also need to configure Outlook to leave a copy of all emails on the Server:
Tools | Account Settings, Change, More Settings, Advanced tab.

If you are using the Outlook Connector, Outlook does not remove anything from the hotmail server, it only stores a copy onto the PC. Whatever is in the hotmail inbox in Outlook is still on the hotmail Server, and accessible via the web interface.
To remove them, you have to delete them, or drag them to another folder.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
configure, export, hotmail inbox, import, outlook 2007 inbox

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!