Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Blocking a Sender in Windows Live Mail

(!)

Member with 31 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Dec-2010, 10:05 AM #1
Blocking a Sender in Windows Live Mail
I have attempted to block a sender in Windows Live mail (Windows 7) by going to Junk Mail and adding sender's domain to the list. This is not working. I am still receiving emails from this sender. I have 2 computers in my home and have my email set up to leave a copy of an email on the server so each computer user will be able to read an email before it is deleted. Does this have an influence on why I cannot add a sender to the blocked list? If so, is there a way around this to block a sender on just one of the computers?
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,092 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Dec-2010, 06:05 PM #2
Is this the procedure you followed?

http://email.about.com/od/livemailde...ok_Express.htm
Member with 31 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Dec-2010, 07:35 PM #3
Yes, this is the procedure I used and cannot seem to block any sender. I am using Windows Live Mail 2011.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,092 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Dec-2010, 07:43 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsus2 View Post
Yes, this is the procedure I used and cannot seem to block any sender. I am using Windows Live Mail 2011.
Hey Catchup -sorry couldn't resist. I found a solution that worked for another poor soul with the same problem and this manuever fixed the problem.

It's a bug in WLM 2011 that you have to do a "repair" to fix this problem. Use "Control Panel>>Programs and Features" to do a repair of "Windows Live Essentials".
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!