Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Internet Explorer keeps crashing.

(!)

Junior Member with 14 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Dec-2010, 12:17 PM #1
Internet Explorer keeps crashing.
My internet explorer is constantly crashing on me, it has been like this for maybe the past month or so. I have the latest version of IE and it seems asthough it mainly crashes when i have multiple tabs open, however this is not always the case it sometimes crashes with only the one tab open.

It has started to become really frustrating when browsing sites it can sometimes crash a couple of times a hour and i have to constantly reload IE and it becomes frustrating.

I have been downloading a fair bit of music recently, but i believe it has all been virus free as all music i download i scan straight away, i also do full system scans with Mcafee regularly and also Spyware scans and it NEVER picks any viruses up so I don't think this is the problem.

I have had this computer 18months or so therefore i doubt it's the fact it's old, it has 2GB of RAM and is Dual core, 300Gig hard-drive and only 75Gig is used so i don't think it's down to being clogged up, i can't even do a degrag because there is so little on here.

Any suggestions on what this could be/what is the best way to solve it because it's getting too frustrating now!

P.s i know a lot of people hate IE but i've used it for years, if people think it may be my browser i would be willing to change, anything to stop this!
Junior Member with 14 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Dec-2010, 01:47 PM #2
Anyone? lots of views no replies
Junior Member with 1 posts.

20-Dec-2010, 06:21 AM #3
Im having the same problem ironically on the same day. i re-setted the settings for IE and it seems to have fixed it. donno could be a recent update.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!