Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Why do I have to sign in so often?

(!)

Member with 934 posts.

Experience: Very basic...
22-Dec-2010, 03:31 PM #1
Solved: Why do I have to sign in so often?
In the past, I only had to sign in once in a while to open the IE and get to my homepage, especially after I run CC cleaner etc. and most of the cookies are gone. Now I have to do it almost every time. I have to sign in on the Windows Live page where I enter my Hotmail address and password, then I always check 'Remember me' and ' Remember my password'. This happens maybe every second time when I start using the computer. What have I done to create this problem? Any suggestions please. Thanks.
Computer Specs
Member with 84 posts.

Experience: Wise as the next guy.
23-Dec-2010, 10:57 AM #2
CC Cleaner does clear most password coookies. You have to untick the option within CC Cleaner to prevent this.
Member with 934 posts.

23-Dec-2010, 02:06 PM #3
Thanks...I couldn't find the term 'password cookies' specifically in CC but there are 2 cookies that are called 'live.com' and 'login.live.com'. Perhaps I could 'save' those? Interestingly, today, I booted up and I got my homepage and IE without having to sign in, but later on, when I closed my browser and tried to open it later, I did have to log in....and I didn't 'clean' anything in the meantime.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,526 posts.

Experience: Beginner
23-Dec-2010, 04:54 PM #4
The cookies you want to save will not normally have any reference to password or login on them.

The best way is use CCleaner and clean out everything and then log in to the site you want to
keep then save it to the right side.

With the new version 3.02 of CCleaner you can right click the saved cookies window and save them to your hard drive
and re-import them if you lose them just like you can do in IE(if you use it). I save both just in case of a screw up.

Also be sure you don't have "Delete browsing history on exit" ticked in the following image.

Some sites, like financial ones, don't use cookies so you have to log in every time as a security feature.

PS-Forgot this one. Make sure on you Vista machine you don't have "InPrivate Browsing" ticked under "Safety" on your toolbar.
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: Why do I have to sign in so often?-screenshot004.jpg  

Last edited by Deke40; 23-Dec-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Member with 934 posts.

24-Dec-2010, 06:34 PM #5
Thanks...I did have 'Delete browsing history on exit' checked...I've unchecked it now and hopefully that will sove my problem.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!