Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

only google works on wireless

(!)

skidsincorp skidsincorp is offline skidsincorp has a Profile Picture
Junior Member with 1 posts.

16-Jan-2011, 06:10 PM #1
only google works on wireless
I just got new Time Warner internet and when I connect wirelessly I am only able to browse google and google related sites like gmail. Internet works fine when I connect directly though. I am running Windows 7 home edition 64 bit (it's a new laptop) and the router Time Warner provided is a Netgear CG814WG v2. Tech support at Time Warner are useless. They've had me reset my internet browsers and disable my Norton and Firewall and they can't figure out what is wrong. Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? I've lived at 2 houses in the past couple of months and my wireless worked fine so I know there's nothing "wrong" with my computer and I don't have a virus. Please help!!!
Computer Specs
Moderator with 67,271 posts.

17-Jan-2011, 09:44 PM #2
Install, or reinstall, the latest wireless driver; if it is an integrated adapter get the driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!