Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, one web site only

(!)

ozziebeanie   (Serena) ozziebeanie is offline ozziebeanie has a Profile Picture
ozziebeanie has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 1,290 posts.

21-Jan-2011, 01:56 AM #1
Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, one web site only
Hi everyone

I have not had much to do with web sites so please excuse my ignorance.

Just wondering if anyone could help me, I have been having problems with one web site, the only one, all others are fine, I have written to the company for help and they have only suggested things I have already done. (Answer I got back from first email to them) -

Thank you for reporting the recent issues you’ve had on SEEK.
The problem may be caused by the browser or Proxy server having an old cached file. In order to clear up the problem, please try the following:
- Please do a hard refresh, hold CTRL press F5 (or Command+R on a Mac)
- Allow the page to fully load before clicking any buttons (ie browser displays Done in the bottom left corner)

If this does not solve the problem please:

- Fully clear cookies and cache
- Close all browsers
- Open a new browser, return to SEEK. Hard refresh again if necessary.

Please advise us if this resolved your issue, or if you are still having problems.

I wrote back with more details and I have received no answer.

Searches on the net, have come up with similar errors but not the same situation at mine, so here goes.

Every time I go to www.seek.com.au (a job site) I get the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom left corner of the page, does not matter if I type the web address in the address bar, or if I click on the link in the favourites or do a Google search to get to this web site it has this triangle there. (I have asked about no one else is having the same problem as me) - (See attachments)

I clicked on the yellow triangle and this is the box that comes up
(See attachments)

When I click on the Copy Error Details Tab I get this message –

Web-page error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTbTRL2/5.8.0.12304)
Timestamp: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 05:21:47 UTC

Line: 658
Char: 68
Code: 0
URI: http://www.seek.com.au/?tracking=googleau

I am having problems with this page, like typing into places and having to wait for my typing to appear, even scrolling down the page, takes an age, I down arrow to pick a option and it takes forever, etc etc etc, just generally frustrating to use.

Any tips on what I can do and why this would only happen to the one web site, I have no idea.

Every other web site I go to does not have these problems.

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help, but I have not come across this one before, it has been going on for about two months, I am using XP Pro, all service packs and updates I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702, and http://www.google.com.au/ as my search engine.

Oh it might look a bit different to most XP the start button one as I have a Vista look but it is XP Pro, this was done way before I started to have this problem and I mean way back.

Cheers

Serena
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, one web site only-yellow-thing.jpg   Yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, one web site only-error-message-seek.jpg  

Last edited by ozziebeanie; 21-Jan-2011 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Added more info
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,317 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Jan-2011, 12:54 PM #2
Hi Serena!

I also have the same yellow triangle and a similar error message.

The error message says it: Object expected

That means you are blocking something on the page, like an ad.

I've disabled SpywareBlaster and no more triangle.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,290 posts.

21-Jan-2011, 05:00 PM #3
Quote:
The error message says it: Object expected
That means you are blocking something on the page, like an ad.

I think you are on the right track as to something blocking it, I just can not figure out what.

I have checked the antivirus settings I have turned the antivirus off, the popup blocker was turned off I turned it back on and removed seek from there, and refreshed the page, and its still there.

I only have one tool bar, and that is Google but I only have like two options of that tool bar allowed to do anything, I don’t have any other tool bar or search engine running, I don’t have spyware programs running in the background and only one antivirus which is Avast if I have any other programs to scan the computer they are totally switched off till I turn them on.

I have also been to msconfig when I installed scanning programs, to make sure they dont run in the background at start-up and only work when I want them to.

I keep things very simple of this computer, as I dont have a lot on the hard drive that is worth saving, but I do have a second drive with a seperate switch, so for the most part unless I switch it on, it does not register on here and no one can get into a drive that is switched off.

I also checked the security settings and they are low, as I don’t have a lot on this computer.

I think I have covered everything

Please more suggestions, but I know you are right Phantom010 I have just got to find it,

If i did not use this site so much I would not bother, but its fustrating when its so slow in working, and I pick up contract work in-between the casual work at QLD Health, so I use it a lot.

Thanks
Computer Specs

21-Jan-2011, 06:38 PM #4
Have you tried your browser without Add-ons?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,290 posts.

21-Jan-2011, 06:44 PM #5
Will try it, I will disable the Google Tool Bar, but since it went on like near on a year before this started happening, I don think its the reason, but you never know one of the updates I received might have done it , but buggered if i know why its just one web site, will give it a go.
Computer Specs

21-Jan-2011, 06:53 PM #6
It's probably not only happening on that one site. You may not have noticed it before.

I get it on quite a few websites.

If you wish, you can post a HijackThis log. It might give me a few clues.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,290 posts.

21-Jan-2011, 06:55 PM #7
Ok totally uninstalled the Google Tool bar using Revo Uninstaller to make sure I had got everything, rebooted went to the job site and the triangle is still there...... bashes head against desk repeatedly.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,290 posts.

21-Jan-2011, 08:38 PM #8
Have sent you the log
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!