Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

hotmail not receiving email

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-Jan-2011, 04:51 PM #1
Angry hotmail not receiving email
Really frustrated as I'm waiting for a couple of important things via email. I can send email fine from hotmail to other accounts. When I send an email from another account to my hotmail I do not get an error message but still no email shows up in hotmail. Yesterday some emails were delayed, but I've now had nothing for hours and I sent some from other accounts that should be there.

I've tried deleting messages, sending a message from hotmail to see if that kick-started it, checking my privacy settings (they're fine, not on exclusive, checking my blocked senders list - none of the email accounts I know have sent me messages are there).

Please help!! I'll be very grateful!
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

27-Jan-2011, 05:29 PM #2
Sounds like a problem with Hotmail. It's not the most reliable e-mail system.

27-Jan-2011, 05:34 PM #3
yeah, it seems that way, have had the email address for years without problem though - looking on forums for a solution has shown me just how many problems there are...

How about gmail? Is it more reliable?
Junior Member with 2 posts.

27-Jan-2011, 05:35 PM #4
I am having the same issues, have done everything you you have even tried changing password, logging in and out. No email received all day, settings all ok also on standard not exclusive etc.....

Lets hope it gets sorted ASAP.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

27-Jan-2011, 05:42 PM #5
looks like we are not the only one's
http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.as...1d624bd&page=1

27-Jan-2011, 05:53 PM #6
It's a total pain, but definitely helpful to know it's not just one account!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!