Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Emails stuck in inbox windows 7 live mail

(!)

Member with 54 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Feb-2011, 01:14 PM #1
Solved: Emails stuck in inbox windows 7 live mail
I am running windows7 home premium and using live mail , about 2+ weeks ago a few incoming messages are now stuck in the inbox some I have opened and some unread. When I try to delete and or move any of these emails to another folder and or delete I get an error box shows with a message that" an error occurred and cannot open -please try again later" Does anyone have a clue how to remedy this problem? Thanks for any and all responses,
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

21-Feb-2011, 02:16 PM #2
A little drastic but effective and practical if you don't have a large amount of old mail. Just delete that account from WLM and then add it right back.
Member with 54 posts.

22-Feb-2011, 05:41 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by philherb View Post
I am running windows7 home premium and using live mail , about 2+ weeks ago a few incoming messages are now stuck in the inbox some I have opened and some unread. When I try to delete and or move any of these emails to another folder and or delete I get an error box shows with a message that" an error occurred and cannot open -please try again later" Does anyone have a clue how to remedy this problem? Thanks for any and all responses,
CNET FORUM solved this for me today, and here is how
Try this ... - New!
by Edward ODaniel - February 22, 2011 9:50 AM PST

In Reply to: CNET EMAIL STUCK IN INBOX UNOPENED & CANNOT MOVE OR DELETE by philherb

COPY an older message into the inbox after receiving new mail but before deleting any.

Now, filter the emails by time of receipt so the newer emails are at the top and the older ones at the bottom of the list.

Scroll to the bottom of the list where the old CNET message is and look at the new message immediately above it. If it is one you can delete select it by clicking ONCE on it. Now also select the old message you copied to yout inbox that should be listed below the CNET message and select it by holding the Shift key down and selecting the old message with the mouse. This should select all three messages - press the Del ( delete ) key and hopefully your problem is gone..

ReplyReport offensive postEmail to friendPermalink...Post 3 of 3 Thanks Edward you are a genius! - New!
by philherb - February 22, 2011 12:25 PM PST

In Reply to: Try this ... by Edward ODaniel

This worked right off, thank you. This also happened a while back while I was operating on some different equipment and system, HP support took 7 calls 4 different techs and about 9 hours to never do this, but completely remove my mail program and then rebuild it, and it never was the same again.Also left this mail at techguys.org about a month ago and no one replied.
Thanks again,
Janie.

ReplyReport offensive postEmail to friendPermalink..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!