Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Web & Email Web & Email
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

gmail nightmare

(!)

Member with 1,303 posts.

Experience: Beginner
17-Apr-2011, 01:10 PM #1
Exclamation gmail nightmare
hello guys,

i really couldnt find the relevant place to put this thread.

i am trying to setup gmail as a hosted service...and im battling
gmail support is absolutely pathetic for a company like google

you phone...24hrs later they send you a mail...you reply...24 hours later you get a response...what a joke google wake up!!! its your products we trying to sell!!!

anyways...

i have an exchange server 2003 which im trying to migrate to gmail
the first thing is to just get the mail working simultaneously with my existing email.

i have the domain champion.ie setup and paid for (30 day trial) i can login with my admin account, i have created my users like bradw@champion.ie
but how do i login with his mail account? as i said admin@champion.ie i can login with, but the users i cant.

any ideas?
how do you access the mailboxes (gmail) of your created users...?

any advice please
Computer Specs
Member with 21,189 posts.

Experience: Disenfranchised American
18-Apr-2011, 10:48 AM #2
Have you set up your domain on Gmail? You really can't run both simultaneously as the MX record will be pointing to the wrong place. Once you have your DNS and all of that good stuf set up to use Gmail there is normally not an issue.

Login to mail.chanmpion.ie and you should be able to log in (do not put in the @chanpion.ie in the username). If you are set up as an admin you can manage email accounts from inside of your login. Every account needs to be authenticated before you can use it.
Member with 1,303 posts.

Experience: Beginner
18-Apr-2011, 05:23 PM #3
hi rockn so i have all accounts setup. if you want duel delivery it works like this.
the mx still points to your server and then each account forwards the mail into the gmail account

i have one migration of 8GB going now and its taken 30 hours...i cant get any other migrations going as it
says migration failed due to network error...now it was doing this last night and then just worked when i tried it again
gmail support is useless!!! i wait 2 days for mail...pathetic

any ideas?
Computer Specs
Member with 21,189 posts.

Experience: Disenfranchised American
18-Apr-2011, 05:30 PM #4
I would not even attempt a dual delivery, way too much stuff to get messed up. Why not just stop delivery to the Exchange server and only have new email to the new Gmail setup? Then you can just import the old stuff in with IMAP or some other process. Did you think there would be 24/7 full tech support with Gmail? It clearly states that they will only give you any sort of support if the email system is down and email is not being delivered. Who needs a 8GB mailbox....must be an owner.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!