Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

every file i download cant be found

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Jul-2011, 08:16 AM #1
every file i download cant be found
hello
first read my first thread coz it may be related to that.
well the problem is i went to my friend today after a long night trying to fix the problem from the first thread which didnt work and everything was okay since then, thats the last time i touched the computer and when i was at my friend's house i wanted to download an mp3 and didnt figure out why it downloads it perfectly but then i saw on the firefox download statusbar "file size: file not found" so i checked my desktop and found the file which was named like it should be only at the end was ".part" which as i know is the temp file being downloaded. i tried changing its name to .mp3 and it didnt work, i also tried refreshing the desktop which made the file disappear! now im at my home again and i tried to download it again assuming my friend's router was maybe malfunctioning but the same thing happens now at my place.
what is wrong with my new computer?!
i googled the problem and found out that memtest would let me see if my ram is the problem. i downloaded memtest which doesnt work on my win 7 coz its 64 bit and memtest doesnt support it at all.
Computer Specs
Member with 32,634 posts.

21-Jul-2011, 08:40 AM #2
Hello where were you downloading the mp3 from ?
Account Disabled with 5,251 posts.

21-Jul-2011, 09:43 AM #3
Might not be anything wrong with your compuer, it could be the file is corrupt or not completely there or restricted in some other way. Troubleshoot by downloading a program file or two from download.com and see if you get .part files or the whole file(s).
Computer Specs

21-Jul-2011, 09:53 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmirror View Post
Hello where were you downloading the mp3 from ?
doesnt really matter as i see it, but its from video2mp3 which works and worked fine since i know it.
im pretty sure its related to the first problem i have which is in my first thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairnooks View Post
Might not be anything wrong with your compuer, it could be the file is corrupt or not completely there or restricted in some other way. Troubleshoot by downloading a program file or two from download.com and see if you get .part files or the whole file(s).
will do. ill edit in a couple of mins
EDIT:
no luck. same problem.
i downloaded 3 apps which all seemed like they were downloading regularly, but when i go onto my desktop i still see the file as it was downloading. should i try a system restore? i didnt do anything since 2am last night so idk what went wrong, but it might fix it.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

21-Jul-2011, 11:02 AM #5
Save to a folder, not your desktop.
Computer Specs

21-Jul-2011, 05:33 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
Save to a folder, not your desktop.
still no go its too frustrating now.. too much probs and this is just a new com idk what went wrong again and caused this prob -.-
im gonna try system restore to the point i had only my first prob

EDIT:
finally! it works without me doing nothing!
i went for another go b4 trying the last resort as i did on every other go, and it works! tried ie and chrome, but firefox still cant download!

Last edited by AttractiveSnail; 21-Jul-2011 at 05:39 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
corrupt, download, file, memtest86, router

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!