Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

A cascade of problems

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
20-Oct-2011, 01:23 AM #1
A cascade of problems
It all started with AVG. I used to preach the program like it was the word of God but after a few days of strange program crashes, I used their tune up program, defragged and restarted. On bootup, a program I didn't know about called AVG Watchdog appeared and tried to initualise(spelling?). It got though phase 0 and 1 but hung up there until I shut it down. Attempting to uninstall AVG in Safe Mode failed when Windows tried to load two AVG drivers in System32.

After bashing on AVG's forums for an answer, I found they had so many problems with this, they made a recovery disk that involved going into the System32/driver folder and turning the AVG .sys files into .bak. That fixed it for most people.

If I was most people, I wouldn't be here. A new problem arised when AVG Watchdog still tried to startup on Bootup and now Safemode loading hungup on a file called Classpnp.sys. Attempting the similar fix with the AVG drivers by changing it to bak only made it hang up on something else.

Taking advice from a diffrent site, I used the Emachines restore function to restore the OS to the factory defaults. Here comes the problem. When it finished and starts confering the settings.. it produces an error. The installer can't configer the drivers to the installed hardware....

Let me restate that.. the FACTORY DEFAULTS does not work with the FACTORY HARDWARE. I have not changed one piece of hardware on that Laptop sense it was bought. (though as I type this, I remember I still have the wireless mouse plugged in...)

Anyone have an idea that doesn't involve me buying a new OS?

Now the Error says that it can't start the Installation. I'm losing hope...

Last edited by Monfang; 20-Oct-2011 at 01:47 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
avg, emachine restore, restore, windows 7 32 bit + 64

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!