Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Executing pogo games after download...blank screen.

(!)

moneybags398 moneybags398 is offline moneybags398 has a Profile Picture
Junior Member with 3 posts.

19-Nov-2011, 01:57 PM #1
Exclamation Executing pogo games after download...blank screen.
Hello,

I do not know what the problem is, whether it is with my computer or with pogo. I have always been able to download games from their site without any problems. I have the latest Java, I have no virus on my system. A few weeks ago I went to play one of the games that was previously downloaded from pogo, some that were actually purchased and ran fine, and found a blank screen after double clicking. Just a blank screen that had the name listed (Oberon) and that is it. So I checked all of my other games that worked fine before, and the same situation occurred. So I re-downloaded the games, and still...nothing. I have Norton and just paid for their advanced and contacted their tech site and he remotely completely checked for corrupted files, virus etc. and it is clean.

I then checked to make sure I had the correct Java, and I do. I cleaned out the Java Cache and tried again, and again same problem. Norton said that I would not be able to run any games unless I had service pack three. So I went onto windows and they do not even have a service pack 2 or three for windows 7 home premium edition. And that did not make sense to me since I have always downloaded pogo games and had zero trouble with execution. However, even on games that I had purchased and were on my desktop, could suddenly not be executed into play. Very weird. Below are my specs, and any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4063 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 468957 MB, Free - 398736 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

21-Nov-2011, 11:06 AM #2
bump
bump

03-Dec-2011, 09:19 AM #3
bump
No one knows anything about this problem?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
downloads, pogo games not loading, windows 7 64 bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!