Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

High fan rpm no boot sequence.

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Dec-2011, 09:40 AM #1
Unhappy High fan rpm no boot sequence.
Hey guys, I'll give you a general overview of what has happened with my computer lately so we can get the big picture, I run windows 7 home premium -64bit with a asustek p7p55 lx mother board a nvidia 560 graphics card. As for the beginning of the problem, it started with my ram, I had 4gb installed and wanted to up it so I got another 4gb set (4 cards total as the board has 4 slots) it ran fine for a while but I had an issue where it wouldn't start, I decided to clean it out since it was super dirty and during trial and error found that the first ram slot was not working, I have since then had to buy 2 4gb sticks and run 10gb of ram. I recently have and issue same as when I tried to use all 4 slots that the CPU fan runs at high rpm and the boot doesn't even start. I don't get beeps or anything and so my computer is left useless! Since I upgrade my graphics card the case my computer in fits it but it had an attachable funnel type thing to channel air to the CPU, I'm wondering due to the graphics cards size I can not put that on so I have left the case off, speed fan has never shown any high temps. The computer was running fine for 2-3 weeks and then it just died :| looking for any suggestions on where to go from here, thanks!

Edit: if it does boot, it stays black and beeps once long then three short beeps, this is the same as it uses to do and I fixed it by removing the first ram slot. I've tried all of the slots and tried resetting the ram memory or what ever it's called. I forget.. Starts with a c and I'm on my phone so I can't look it up.

Last edited by monkeyDLuffyPK; 04-Dec-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Additional info
mel8again mel8again is offline mel8again has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 767 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Dec-2011, 09:59 AM #2
What is the Bios? AMI, Award, etc.? One long and three short in AMI is the conventional/extended ram, in Award it's a ram problem, in Intel it's video. The first two recommend the new ram be removed to see it that fixes it. Reseating is also recommended.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
black screen, boot, cpu fan, heat, ram

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!