Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Explorer.EXE no Such interface supported

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Dec-2011, 11:04 PM #1
Exclamation Explorer.EXE no Such interface supported
I am not sure what is going on or why this is happening, but when I right click the desktop and I click personalize, this message comes up saying No Such Interface Supported. The window title is Explorer.EXE, I did notice that the EXE is uppercase not lowercase, which seems wrong to me. Because of this, I cannot open windows update or Default programs or Action Center. If you click on those, nothing happens. What should I do? I tried re-registering the Dall files through command prompt and tried a system restore. I have windows 7 64bit, 4GB of ram, ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650 switchable graphics. Should I use my Avast! to do a boot time scan if this is a virus? (I have attached a picture of the message)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N830 Triple-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 3
RAM: 3834 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 320 Mb (switchable to high performance ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650)
Hard Drives: C: Total - 454215 MB, Free - 138936 MB; D: Total - 22520 MB, Free - 3337 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 147B
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Attached Thumbnails
Explorer.EXE no Such interface supported-untitled.jpg  
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
25-Dec-2011, 11:13 PM #2
Have you used any "tools" on the machine?

Have you tried a restore point from earlier?

You can access those things from the Control Panel.
Computer Specs

25-Dec-2011, 11:32 PM #3
The only tools that I have used is Advanced systemCare 5 Pro, and CC Cleaner. I did try a restore point, but it seems to always fail. A Recovery wont work because the recovery partition is messed up (So I have to order a recovery DVD).
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
26-Dec-2011, 12:49 AM #4
Both of those tools can do a great deal of damage to a system. They both include registry cleaners. Most people who use Ccleaner skip the part about "cleaning" the registry. There is no reason ever to do that. The other program also has a registry cleaner.

I'd suggest restoring the backups of the registry parts mercilessly hacked out by that butchering software. If that is not possible, you may have to try to restore an undamaged registry from a restore point.

The so-called "Registry Fix" and especially the "Deep Registry Fix" find "errors" that do not exist and then "fix" them by deleting anything the program does not understand, including many important keys. It is more likely to slow down your machine that help it since the system and programs then search in vain, 1000's of times each minute, for entries that no longer exist.

The registry is self-maintaining.

Last edited by Elvandil; 26-Dec-2011 at 12:56 AM..
Computer Specs

26-Dec-2011, 05:38 AM #5
Hmm. I will try to do that. Should I not use any program like that? Or is other cleaning features other then the registry one ok. Is there anything else I can do?
Computer Specs
Member with 88 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jan-2012, 03:59 PM #6
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
explorer.exe error, windows 7 64, windows update problem

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!