Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

RunDLL Error on startup

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Dec-2011, 11:01 AM #1
RunDLL Error on startup
Greetings,

My computer had a virus in it a while ago and I managed to remove it by deleting a fake win32dll.exe which seemed to be running a .txt document in AppData\local\Temp. Anyway all seemed fine until I tried to access my control panel when I received an error saying explorer.exe not found. I could not access any keyboard, mouse or sound settings. Again I fixed this by running a 'sfc scannow' in cmd.

So to my current problem, sometimes when I start the computer the fan won't turn off and it beeps 6/7 times. Sometimes it starts fine but my graphics drivers don't load properly and i have a small display and my 2nd monitor isn't recognised. I think it has something to do with an error message that pops up everytime on start-up being:

There was a problem starting C:\Users\*me*\AppData\Local\Temp\1726681.txt The specified module could not be found

To clarify; My control panel now works and I am virus free but it seems to have left some damage (seems to be with either the .dll files or in the registry). I believe the error message above is affecting my startup and causing the graphics driver problems which resolves itself eventually.

Confusing I know.

Any and all help appreciated.
Computer Specs
Member with 23 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Dec-2011, 11:11 AM #2
Wow that is a mouthfull. When the virus was present did your control panel and computer function fine?
Computer Specs

28-Dec-2011, 11:21 AM #3
Yes, the computer worked normally, it just affected my browsers, sending me to fake virus alert pages and that kind of rubbish. As for the control panel I am unsure. I found out after that it was unaccessable. From what i've gathered from other forums, the location of the virus (win32.dll.exe) is linked to windows explorer which lets you view the control panel. The main problem I need resolving is getting rid of the There was a problem starting C:\Users\*me*\AppData\Local\Temp\1726681.txt The specified module could not be found upon startup. I think this will solve all other problems.
Computer Specs
Member with 23 posts.

28-Dec-2011, 11:39 AM #4
"There was a problem starting C:\Users\*me*\AppData\Local\Temp\1726681.txt The specified module could not be found"

That issue can be easily fixed by removing that file from the windows start up sequence.
The easiest way I can see doing this is by:

1. Open your start menu and type msconfig.exe
2. Open the application and then click on the Startup tab

In this tab all the programs and files that open on startup are listed.

3. Expand the Command box so that you can read all of the program paths
4. Find the one pointing to "C:\Users\*me*\AppData\Local\Temp\1726681.txt" and untick its box
5. Click apply and then close the application, restart computer and see if the error persists

Lets see if that works.
Computer Specs

28-Dec-2011, 11:54 AM #5
Thank you, that seems to have fixed that error message. The final thing now it seems is that on start-up it is trying to install my graphics drivers every time? Its never done this before and I think my drivers are up to date. Why would it need to install the driver software again and again each time on start up.
Computer Specs
Member with 23 posts.

28-Dec-2011, 12:19 PM #6
Can you post a screenshot of exactly what's popping up?
Computer Specs

28-Dec-2011, 12:37 PM #7
Sure

This comes up 1st for about one minute with my video driver and [not responding]

And then this

[IMG][/IMG]

On every start-up. Quite frustrating
Computer Specs
Member with 23 posts.

28-Dec-2011, 07:16 PM #8
It seems to be the windows plug and play driver install. If you say you have the latest drivers from Nvidia then I would suggest the Beta or WHQL drivers. Nvidia Beta Drivers = http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40607
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!