Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Graphics problem/hard disk corruption

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 38 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Mar-2012, 01:46 AM #1
Unhappy Graphics problem/hard disk corruption
I am running windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Follow specs on the computer:
Intel i5
12gb of ram
Nvida gtx 560ii

Last night my system was running fine, i play multiple games such as Battlefield 3, World of Warcraft and Heroes of Newerth
They all ran fine last night and this morning i awoke and installed microsoft Visio 2010 trial, I needed it to do a project for a uni unit. i tried to run World of Warcraft after the installation (which prompted me to restart but i chose to wait) WoW now loaded and when i got to the start screen the graphics were bugged out, certain points were take and distorted in big triangles across all my screen, when i loaded into the game, i had the same thing as well as incorrect colours all over the world. I closed WoW and restarted my computer, hoping this was just a WoW issue i ran other games in an attempt to see if it was isolated but it seems any graphic that is 3D is distorted and warped in the same manner. it causes my computer to lock up and freeze and i have to close the process'. i rolled back my drivers to a previous version and tried to see if that helped but it did now, i scanned my computer with AVG to see if it was something there, nothing was there. I reinstalled the drivers to the latest version which have been working for weeks and it was still there.

this is where it gets interesting.. I was frustrated so i attempted to system restore to last night, the only thing having been changed on my computer being the installation of Visio 2010 trial. i downloaded it from the microsoft site. When i attempted to system restore it noted that there was file disk corruption on my c: drive and could not restore, it asked me to scan and repair the corruption and would schedule the repair next system start up. i restarted and it went to the screen asking me to press any key to cancel the scan. it locked up on 1(s) remaining and did nothing, i left it for an hour and nothing... wondering where to go from here.

Any suggestions or help will be great,

worthy noting that videos played on the computer work fine it seems to only be the 3D graphics that cause the system a big problem, nothing was done from last night to today except the installation of Visio trial.
Member with 156 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Mar-2012, 06:33 AM #2
Try uninstalling the graphic drivers and then re-installing it.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Mar-2012, 08:14 AM #3
Download the diagnostic tool from your HDD manufacturer and run it. If you can't find it let us know who the HDD manufacturer is.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
file corruption, graphics card, system restore, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!