Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

BSOD Stop X50

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Mar-2012, 11:07 AM #1
Question BSOD Stop X50
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4043 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1797 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 458004 MB, Free - 396953 MB; D: Total - 14670 MB, Free - 1633 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 1104 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1695
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I started getting Blue Screen of Death about a month ago. First it was stop code 0x00000024, but I haven't seen that in awhile. The last few times I got it, it was stop code 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. My computer is only 4 months old!! I started browsing the web to see how to fix, but there are so many different resolutions. I was trying to think about what I did around the time I got the first blue screen, but can't think of any thing significant. I do not have any new hardware, I have windows updates automatically, and don't think I have any new software. One of the things a site said when I was browsing resolutions, was to try to remember what I was doing at the time the blue screen happened. Everytime I was playing Pioneer Trail on Facebook, I play all the time. Also it said to uncheck "automatic startup" so I can write down what the BSOD said, I will put that at the bottom. I also ran a hard disk and memory test in BIOS, both had passed. In some forums I read on here, they said to zip my minidump files, so I did that if needed. I had to change to "small memory dump" under startup and recovery because dmp files were not being saved. I don't know if I should have put begginner instead of intermediate, because I didn't know if beg. meant not even knowing how to get into your control panel, or something like that. I can follow step by step instructions. I would really appreciate any help. I don't have a lot of money and it took me awhile to even save up enough to buy this comp., and now 4 mo. later it's doing this! I am still under warranty so I don't know if this is covered, but would rather fix myself if possible. PLEASE HELP!!! P.S. I use Google Chrome, but comp. came with IE9

I don't know how to copy a BSOD, so I just wrote down the important parts. Hope its enough.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Check any new hardware or software installed. If new, ask hardware or software manf. for any updates.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly insalled hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as, caching or shadowing. Restart computer, press F8, adv. startup. safe mode. STOP: 0x00000050
Trusted Advisor with 15,406 posts.

22-Mar-2012, 08:35 AM #2
Hi and welcome.
Under warranty - may be best to let the provider check it out.

Post the Minidump files.
Look in c:\windows\minidump
ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

Right-click the minidump file, select Send To.
Then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.
Windows will compress the file and then save the new zipped file in the same location.
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

22-Mar-2012, 11:49 AM #3
I think I attached it, if not let me know. Thanks for the help, if this is not a simple resolution I will definitely take it in.
Attached Files
File Type: zip minidump.zip (140.1 KB, 20 views)

22-Mar-2012, 12:11 PM #4
All of your minidump files [x 6] are dated - 2/19/2012

Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe x 5
These are generic errors and are not telling us much.

Probably caused by : Rt86win7.sys

This is related to - Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.20 32-bit Driver
You need to update the drivers for Realtek.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-2bb075705e28

Update the drivers and let us know the result.
Does this only happen when 'playing Pioneer Trail on Facebook' ?
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

22-Mar-2012, 02:58 PM #5
Yes, the only times I received the BSOD was playing Pioneer Trail on Facebook. I really don't do much else on my computer besides browse other sites and occasionally watch movies. I will update the drivers ASAP and let u know. I don't understand why this happened, I have automatic updates turned on. How can I prevent this in the future? Anyway, thank you so much for your help, and I hope this works!

22-Mar-2012, 03:24 PM #6
Blue Screens can be for many reasons - drivers need updating - memory [Ram] sticks are faulty etc.
Playing videos etc - uses a lot of resources from the video card and installed memory.
And it can happen at any time and to all of us - I had a Blue Screen just yesterday!

I hope the update helps - keep us updated.
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

25-Mar-2012, 12:59 AM #7
I updated my realtek drivers, I will let you know if this stopped the BSOD. I was only getting them about once a wk., and I just updated them, so not sure yet. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate people like you.

25-Mar-2012, 07:34 AM #8
Ok - let's hope that solves the problem, keep us updated.
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

01-Apr-2012, 01:12 PM #9
Is it safe to update my own drivers manually, if Windows updates didn't do it? I read somewhere that if you are not that tech. advanced, you should not, because you can ruin your computer. I know I can go on manf. sites and look for them there.

01-Apr-2012, 01:44 PM #10
Hi - the rule is this, do not update any drivers unless you are having some sort of problems with an installation - application etc.
What drivers do you think that you need?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
blue screen of death, bsod 0x050, page fault, stop codes, windows 7 64 bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!