Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

winfows 7 stuck in factory restore mode

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Mar-2012, 05:37 AM #1
winfows 7 stuck in factory restore mode
Ok. Bear with me. This is kinda drawn out. Yesterday morning I started my laptop and it was frozen at the Acer screen. After I restarted a few times I called acer tech support. Via remote access the tech support agent was able to see that, even though I have McAfee installed, my computer had trojans and a lot of files had been affected. He told me he could fix it but it would cost $200 which I can't afford right now. So I ordered the windows 7 reinstall disc and hung up. I decided to try doing a system resore back to factory settings. I began the restore and had no problems. Then when the computer went to automaticaly restart it continued to remain stuck on the acer load screen but I found that if I left it alone for about 45 minutes it would automatically restart and continue with the restore process, adding files and whatnot. My newest problem is that the restore is stuck. It started loading Office 2010 and has been doing it for 12 hours now. So what, if anything, can I do? Any insight, answers, tricks, tips, dark magic, voodoo, helpful advice on the right place to hit it with a sledgehammer, would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Member with 7,891 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Mar-2012, 02:18 PM #2
Test your memory
http://www.memtest.org/

Test your hard drive, there may be hardware tools in the bios, if not find out which brand of hard drive you have and go to the manufacturers website to download diagnostic tools.
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Mar-2012, 04:19 PM #3
I cant download the diagnostic tools or test my memory. I can't do anything. Its stuck on loading Office 2010 after the factory restore. Can't get on the desktop. If I restart it just brings me back to loading Office. Thank you though.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

29-Mar-2012, 04:23 PM #4
You have to go to that site, create a boot disk, and boot from it.
Member with 7,891 posts.

Experience: Advanced
29-Mar-2012, 04:35 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shananignz View Post
I cant download the diagnostic tools or test my memory. I can't do anything. Its stuck on loading Office 2010 after the factory restore. Can't get on the desktop. If I restart it just brings me back to loading Office. Thank you though.
You will have to use another PC to get the file and burn the iso file to cd as an image, then use it on the problem PC.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
frozen, restore, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!